Getting banded June 2015, anyone else?

Options
KrystalGayle08
KrystalGayle08 Posts: 33 Member
My name is Krystal and I have been over weight pretty much my entire life. I can remember my first enrollment to weight watchers I was only in grade 6. This has been a life long struggle and I've made the decision to have a gastric band. My highest weight was about a month ago at 347 pounds. I'm now down to 330 as I'm preparing for surgery and trying to get myself accustomed to the new way of eating.
Have you or are you considering being banded? I'd love to find someone with a close date to mine to journey with!

Replies

• robaustin750750
    robaustin750750 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been banded for over 6 years now. It's certainly a journey. Glad I had it done, lost 4 stone and kept it off. What are your aims?
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery!
  • KrystalGayle08
    Options
    I have been banded for over 6 years now. It's certainly a journey. Glad I had it done, lost 4 stone and kept it off. What are your aims?

I've been on diet Rollercoaster my whole life and a couple years ago got down to 220 and was feeling good but could not break below that. My goal is to get down to 170 wich is less than half of my start weight so I have a long way to go. My surgery is scheduled for this Friday morning and as of this morning I'm down to 315.
    As I lose I look forward to being able to be comfortable on an airplane and be able to ride Rollercoasters with my 13 year old. I want to start running and be able to chase after all my kids without being immediately winded. I'd like to shop at any store and actually fit the clothes they have. I have so many goals and things to look forward to and I'm so ready for this. I'm so grateful that I have such a supportive husband who has been behind me all the way!
  • KrystalGayle08
    Options
    hockey7fan wrote: »
    Good luck with your surgery!

Thank you! I'm excited and nervous all at once. I've never had surgery, never broke a bone and haven't even had stitches!
  • Dom615
    Dom615 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me!!! 5 days post op and I'm feeling pretty good!
  • Keikix3
    Keikix3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this forum, and am in the decision making process of what to do. I am wondering how you came to the conclusion to have the LapBand vs the other ones? I hope your surgery is a piece of cake! Well maybe I should say a piece of protein bar!! They will be taking good care of you I know! Good luck with everything and looking forward to you and others about making their decisions. Hugs, Sue
  • Leanne99999
    Leanne99999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi KrystalGayle08 I hope everything went well with your surgery. I was banded in March 2015 so it's only been 5 months since my op. I loved the first drop in weight after my surgery but then struggled when the hunger came back with a vengeance. After 4 fills I think I have found my 'sweet spot'. Since then (6 weeks ago) I have been losing steadily. To date have lost 16 kg. if you want to friend a fellow bandster feel free to add me :)