Low Carb Cocktails?

Options
jaimebruckler
jaimebruckler Posts: 171 Member
Ok, I need some assistance from you fine folks. :)

I'm going to a concert tonight with a bunch of friends (Florida Georgia Line). We're tailgating and I know there will be drinks available (ok, so there will be LOTS of drinks available!)

What I'd like to know is what are some of your favorite low-carb drinks? I've looked all over Pinterest for ideas but I've found that recommendations are always much better than random pins.

I've ready taken care of the food aspect by recommending we do kabobs. Hello? What's better for a low-carber than meat on a stick? :)

Ok. Please help a girl out with drink options. Thank you!!!!!

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I stick with vodka and soda, and don't want to drink anything with artificial sweeteners. I sometimes opt for red wine in small quantities. But I find that eating keto makes a small amount of alcohol go a long way, without all those carbs to soak it up !
  • jaimebruckler
    Options
    That's what I'm thinking too. I don't PLAN on drinking to excess, but in the event that I do I would like to at least have a drink handy that won't totally blow me out of Ketosis.

I do t like artificial sweeteners either but for one evening I may need to go that route. I prefer sweet drinks.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I prefer rum to vodka, but either is great in those Diet Ocean Spray juices. Only 2g carb per 8 oz. you just need to avoid flavored liquor, there will be sugar in those. I also really like V8 juice blend, some kind of tropical flavor... Can't remember what it's called. It's also diet and 2g if I remember correctly.
    Or another easy choice is rum and diet coke, or if you don't like the sweet cocktails, Tangueray and diet tonic.
  • jaimebruckler
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks!
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amstel light is low carb if you like beer and some of the Skinnygirl mix drinks (mojito- my fave) are low carb (made with agave which is low glycemic). Key is to sip slow and make it last.
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Alright so lately I've been thinking heavily about mixing rum with coconut LaCroix. I think doing that with a squirt of fruit punch Mio would be delicious for fruity. Personally, I'm a rum and vanilla diet coke person.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Mio flavors.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Be selective with your choices, and bring what you want to drink. One evening isn't going to derail all of your effort this far! Have an amazing time! I love Florida/Geoegia Line! I imagine it's going to be great!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    krdews wrote: »
    Amstel light is low carb if you like beer and some of the Skinnygirl mix drinks (mojito- my fave) are low carb (made with agave which is low glycemic). Key is to sip slow and make it last.

If you like beer you won't like Amstel light. Blech.

I love real beer, but if I need low-carb drinks, it's vodka and soda, or vodka and LaCroix.

• jaimebruckler
    Options
    I'm not really a beer girl. I like fruity/sweet drinks mostly. I don't plan on being "perfect" tonight but I'm trying not to go completely crazy (well, in my food choices anyway!)

We have a country mego ticket so this is basically a weekly event for my friends and I. It's my one "cheat night" of the week. But... Still trying to reign it in a bit.

I have heard that hangovers on Keto are a bit tougher too. Oh boy....
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I drink Jack Daniels on the rocks. Pretty low carb. Fireball whisky on the rocks is pretty tasty and easy to sip. Go easy because what everyone is saying about your tolerance is very likely true!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    3-Olives brand berry vodka & water over ice is nice. I drink straight aged tequila with a side of water typically. Whatever you choose either drink w/ water or have a bottle in between drinks, your body & head will thank you in the morning. I have zero hangovers since switching to the tequila/water from beer.

Hydration is key, liquor is a strong diuretic.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I used to advise on this.. Now I recommend not drinking alcohol at all while losing weight on LCHF/Keto.
    Just be careful.
    I was drinking vodka martinis. (many a night)
    Now 2 drinks and I am a mess. If I drink, it must be less.
    I did not react the same, did not bounce back with game.
    It is the WOE to blame,
    I will not buy it at the store...I do not want it any more.

That said, Have fun!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I have heard that hangovers on Keto are a bit tougher too. Oh boy....

I drink 8-12 oz of water for each 2 shots and experience no after effects unless I really go overboard.
  • jaimebruckler
    Options
    Water and I are BFF's
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My fav is Vodka/Fresca with a slice of lemon. Bring your own Fresca because hardly anyone has it!
  • jaimebruckler
    Options
    8clr0f4k60f3.jpg

Cheers, Y'all! (Grape Vodka and Diet Sprite) B)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Glad you found a drink you like. I hope the food was carb friendly and that the concert was a blast too!
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I see you found one. I was going to suggest either a gin and tonic (using diet tonic just for this event), or a wine cooler using either diet tonic or seltzer water if you don't mind unsweetened bubbles. lol. I like making a wine cooler with the diet tonic... a little bit of wine goes a long way and if you use red wine it's very pretty. :)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I just made a drink with coconut vodka and sparkling ice pineapple. It's delicious! Though the vodka does have 6.7 g carbs per shot, might not work for ketoers