Motivation, support and accountability thread August 10 - 16

Options
violet456
violet456 Posts: 674 Member
Last week this group wasn't as talkative as usual. Lets try and light up these boards with struggles, successes, and general chatter.

List your goals for the week, keep them simple or lay out a detailed presentation, :) . This will give you reference to hopefully help you keep on track. When you have struggles vent them here. When you have an OMG I can't believe I was able to moment, lets share and keep us talking and motivated.

Cheers (with water of course) o:)

Replies

• violet456
    Options
    My Goals this week

1. Log everything (getting tempted to just eat a nosh here and there and not log it.)
    2. To do my 5km trial walk on the treadmill and see how far I can go before A) Colapsing, B) Running out of time (1.5 hours) C) Or finishing and having a baseline to get better.
    3. Get my weekly average miles to be 25. (Endomodo is a fun ap with fitbit.)

Recent what was I thinking, I actually rode a bike for the first time since I got my driver's license. We do need to look for a better one though, as the first one I tried, it was way too tall, the second one I tried was better, but felt like it was ready to crumple under my weight. The third one I tried was better, but still a bit too tall to be safe.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    1. Run/Walk 3 times this week, each progressively longer (only did 2 last week).
    2. Go to sleep earlier than I have been (didn't quite accomplish this last week).
    3. Figure out what's wrong with my bicycle & fix it (making funny noises).
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of fun stuff these last few weeks of summer such as day trips to historical sites, hiking, movie, etc with my sister and her kids. I have been so busy it's been easy to forget to log so that's one of my goals. It's also time to have a consistent sleep schedule. The last goal is to increase physical activity to 60 minutes a day.

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Im sorry, i have not been an active member! I went to my doctor and she weighed me and it made me very sad, about a 6 lbs difference (not in my favour) between her scale and mine.
    So new goals this week.
    1) find a real way to work out (not do it just figure out how to do it
    2) plan a menu for next week, all meals including going out for my husbands birthday
    3) toss out all the crap i let sneak into my house over the summer
    4) loose 2 lbs this week

I am being honest with myself this week which is why my goals may seem , my mom and daughter were in a car accident on sunday night. I came to work today just so i didnt have to be there anymore. I am exhausted, i ate McDonald's because i had to eat, just the chicken nuggets, i had potatoe chips one morning for breakfast... i dont even think i took my meds today, sigh..... Tomorrow should be better!

• violet456
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Im sorry, i have not been an active member! I went to my doctor and she weighed me and it made me very sad, about a 6 lbs difference (not in my favour) between her scale and mine.
    So new goals this week.
    1) find a real way to work out (not do it just figure out how to do it
    2) plan a menu for next week, all meals including going out for my husbands birthday
    3) toss out all the crap i let sneak into my house over the summer
    4) loose 2 lbs this week

I am being honest with myself this week which is why my goals may seem , my mom and daughter were in a car accident on sunday night. I came to work today just so i didnt have to be there anymore. I am exhausted, i ate McDonald's because i had to eat, just the chicken nuggets, i had potatoe chips one morning for breakfast... i dont even think i took my meds today, sigh..... Tomorrow should be better!

I'm sorry to hear of the accident. I'm glad you're still hear to help you in the process. Keep looking forward instead of backwards. In hopes your mom and daughter are on the mend, things will get better.
  • jltheis7
    Options
    @HLaR79: Hope your mom and daughter are okay. As far as your goal #1, are you looking for something you like, that is more intense, or easier to fit into your life?
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks violet and jltheis everyone is healing slowly, i know it will take some time!
    As for goal 1, yes i need to fit something into my life that i can commit to! I cant walk outside its wasp season, none of the pools in my area have aquatics that fit my work schedule! Mornings are out i already only get 6 hours of sleep and i am not willing to give that up!

Some of this is self esteem too, i need to work past my own roadblocks. I am trying to budget in a gym membership, and plan to find some work out buddies, but i need to make a real plan a real budget l, childcare and then next week try and do it lol!
  • jltheis7
    Options
    @HLaR79 Not sure if you are looking for suggestions but I like Leslie sansone's walk away the pounds videos. When my sister's kids are here they will do part of it with me and we have fun doing it. For me that is what works--easy to do, low cost, effective, at home so it fits my schedule, and can be done by myself or with others, even kids. Once I started to see some results, it was easier to join a gym or walk at a park (self esteem is a terrible obstacle when you are overweight, isn't it?). Good luck finding what works for you!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    Goals this week:
    1. Run/Walk 3 times this week, each progressively longer (only did 2 last week).
    2. Go to sleep earlier than I have been (didn't quite accomplish this last week).
    3. Figure out what's wrong with my bicycle & fix it (making funny noises).

Well... Got the run/walks in this week and made them progressively harder.

I haven't had time to look at/work on my bike (busy time at work). I think I know what the issue is, after some research.
  • jltheis7
    Options
    I'm doing great this week on achieving my goals. Yeah me! I have also finished redoing the spare room, started cleaning my carpets, scrubbed down the basement walls, and today I am doing some work in the yard. This probably helping me get to bed early every night just from being so tired from all the work! And I lost 2 lbs. this week.