Silk unsweetened Coconut Milk

Options
GwenFan7
GwenFan7 Posts: 11 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Hey y'all :)
I just tried the Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk tonight for the first time and I love it. It was refreshing to have a cold glass of "milk," if only I knew of a low carb-Atkins friendly cereal ;-)

Anyway, I'm fluxing between Phase 1 & 2, and I could use some ideas on how to implement the milk into recipes, fat bombs, etc.
I'd also like to hear if it works well for you guys hope you're doing Keto/LCHF!

Cheers!
Jade

Replies

• m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'll be interested in the responses you get. Are you drinking the vanilla unsweetened or is there a regular unsweetened. I know nothing about the phases of Atkins but sometimes I mix it with very tiny amount of Splenda, 100% cocoa and natural peanut butter. I don't have any protein powder but I have heard that also makes a good flavorful, filling drink. Again though, I don't know anything about the phases. I am stuck in a cabin for the weekend in the middle of nowhere and am suddenly regretting not bringing almond milk!
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk is also good. 25 cal per cup and 1 carb. Good with cocoa powder and a tiny bit of AS. Have also used it with low carb protein powders and mixed it with a splash of sugar free Torani coffee syrup. Or I love it just plain. I actually hate milk so this is good.
  • GwenFan7
    GwenFan7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm using the original, not vanilla. I'm sure I'd love the vanilla, but I'm trying to keep the sweet temptations to a minimum since I drink a lot of Diet Mountain Dew (so bad for me, I know). It's nice to have a creamy drink! I do plan on buying 100% cocoa. Maybe when I have a berry day I'll make a blueberry smoothie with it. :-)) But this has less than 1g carbs per 1 Cup (8 oz or 240 mL) And the carbs register as Fiber--bonus!!
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    GwenFan7 wrote: »
    I'm using the original, not vanilla. I'm sure I'd love the vanilla, but I'm trying to keep the sweet temptations to a minimum since I drink a lot of Diet Mountain Dew (so bad for me, I know). It's nice to have a creamy drink! I do plan on buying 100% cocoa. Maybe when I have a berry day I'll make a blueberry smoothie with it. :-)) But this has less than 1g carbs per 1 Cup (8 oz or 240 mL) And the carbs register as Fiber--bonus!!

Diet Mt Dew with a shot of heavy cream. Sounds weird I know but I'd rather have that than coffee with cream.