I'm not hungry!

Options
pseudandry
pseudandry Posts: 41 Member
ok, I'm grateful that I'm not hungry. No white flour, white sugar, white rice has eliminated cravings. But, is it safe to go below 1,200 if I'm not hungry? What's the science behind calorie intake below 1,200? (Ex., Biosphere)

Replies

• bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Eating very low calories cause binging for most people!
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had that same problem my first week. So now I will eat a banana or something to make sure I make it to 1200 even if I'm not hungry. I do this because I read somewhere it's not recommended for women to go under1200 and men 1500
  • ahkce1
    ahkce1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and sometimes I have slightly than 1200, other times more. But I try to avg approx 1200/day over the week. But if I'm hungry, I eat. I think it's important to listen to your body.

However, if you go too much lower in kcals, it may be difficult to get appropriate nutrition you need.
  • Jobeth1961
    Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have had less out of not being hungry but the weight loss isn't better long term and you might find like me, that a day you go back "up" to 1200 (which is a great number for weightloss & living) on the following day you have gone up on the scales. I now weigh twice a week and try to keep it up to 1200. When I go on holiday I aim to stay the same, no overly thinking about it but making normal portion size choices in whatever I eat, not necessarily the same as appears on your plate which is where my portion distortion began! I never eat more than 200 calories of exercise ones than I have "in the bank", and most days don't eat any back. This is personal to me, I don't advocate it, as others have said, listen to your own body and don't be afraid to adjust things on hungry days to suit it.