Bone Pains...

Options
Today I have had the worst pains in my hip bones, mainly the right one to the point I feel sick when getting up and sitting down because of the pain.

I used to get this before I had my thyroid taken out - endo said it was most likley related to my overactive thyroid, and haven't had the problem since which has been over two years. Now its back with avengence.

Wondering if I can get some crutches, not sure where/if they would give me any... NHS is fun like that!

Anyone else have this problem though?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Talk to your GP about possible non-thyroid causes of your hip pain.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Have you made an appointment through the NHS or your physician? Going to hold back my rant regarding the NHS.

Much more likely that you strained a muscle or impinging a nerve if the pain is localized to getting up/sitting down. How long has this been going on?

Any sort of cane or support may help you take the weight off temporarily and allow that area to heal, but only in the short term. Have you tried alternating hot/cold water to that area? May alleviate the pain temporarily.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    If you do need crutches or the like try the Red Cross, or similar first aid charity. I borrowed/hired a wheelchair from them I think it was for a suggested donation. The premises which loan things are usually only open for a few hours something like three hours a morning. This was the case locally.

I know you are further up country to me but my joints have been unsettled by the weather in the last day or so.

Hope you get relief soon.
  • CoadyJune
    CoadyJune Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. :)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I know it is only a couple of days but I hope you are feeling somewhat better.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi all, apologies for not coming back - I actually forgot I posted this (Hello, brain fog!).

I've had the pains befofe when i was over active, before I had my TT in August 2013. Thankfully its completely gone again now. A couple of hot bath and relaxing really helped. It only lasted 3 days in all. Think the weather was definatly a factor

Endo said to me last time this happened it was most likely thyroid related. I won't go GP as we don't see eye to eye on anything and 9 times out of 10 I usually storm out of her office. Going to see Endo in October, so *Touches wood* hopefully it won't happen again before then, and I'll see what he says about it

Thank you again x