New to group

Options
1cris
1cris Posts: 9 Member
I am new to the group and fairly new to the low carb journey. I am hoping I can find the support and advice I need in this group to stay on task. I do have a lot of questions and any help I you can offer would be great. Please feel free to add me. I welcome the help.

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad to have you!
  • victoriageorgina
    victoriageorgina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the group too!! ☺️ shall add you if that's ok
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. After a year into counting carbs I have to say this site and its info has been helpful in my slow weight loss that I feel for the first time I will reach my weight goal and keep it for life after 40 years of yo yoing weight gain/loss.
  • PumpkinRunning
    PumpkinRunning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to the group too - feel free to add me! If you haven't already, checkout the LCD LaunchPad on the main page; there's some great information there for getting started with low carb.
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome all. You can add me if you would like. There is a lot of good information in the pinned bullets. It's a good place to start.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group as well and sent you a friend request.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new too, and I have found this group to be very helpful and informative. Welcome. :)
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    HI, there is really no reason to "add" anyone unless you and they will chat in the personal message window….some people want 563 'friends' whom they NEVER talk to..I love having <10 people who will develop a relationship and follow each other's progress.

Just BEING inside this LCD group will provide a ton of topics and lots of ways to talk. ..and learn. You will see the SAME names daily..and it's fun to watch how they do.

I have found so many groups where individuals want to start a special 'group' inside.."mommies losing 20 pounds' or "5'2 girls losing weight" Huh? why?

And it goes no where. Just reading topics inside LCD ( or any other group you join), and posting your own comments will provide wonderful info.

Good luck!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I really think the main forums must be for social activity but there are more nuggets of info popping up of late I think. There is a good one by a guy who cured his type of Type 2 diabetes by going very low fat which was the correct approach in his case it seems. He was not obese at all.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is a great group. The launch pad does have a lot of helpful information as well as some great recipe links.

Welcome.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, as Sajyana says the Launchpad on the group main page has tons of information on low carb, setting up your macros and recipes too... good luck on your journey!