% lost?

Options
glorae
glorae Posts: 7 Member
I am probably going to remember the instant someone tells me, but how on earth do you figure out what percentage of your weight you've lost? On the spreadsheet it asks for that and I'm really not sure how to do that math.

Replies

• ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Start Weight - Current Weight = Weight Lost. Weight Lost/Start Weight x 100%= % Lost. :)
  • ewoksrule3
    Options
    You can also calculate how far you are toward your goal in %, too. Weight Lost/Total Weight you had to lose x 100%
  • ewoksrule3
    Options
    That second calculation sometimes motivates me even more than the first, because it tells me how I'm progressing toward my goal.
  • glorae
    glorae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thankee much!
  • tracylynnc
    tracylynnc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    glorae wrote: »
    I am probably going to remember the instant someone tells me, but how on earth do you figure out what percentage of your weight you've lost? On the spreadsheet it asks for that and I'm really not sure how to do that math.

It's calculated for you in the spreadsheet. I changed my formula to show the percent of the weight loss to my goal instead of the percent of my total body weight that is programmed in.
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    7.41% lost or 13.5 pounds
  • enigmarm
    enigmarm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's calculated for you in the spreadsheet. I changed my formula to show the percent of the weight loss to my goal instead of the percent of my total body weight that is programmed in.

@glorae, @tracylynnc is right. all calculations are done for you already. All you have to do is enter your current weight for each week (w1, w2, w3, etc). It calculates the difference from your previous weigh-in, total weight loss from start, & % lost.