I did it!!

Options
Well, finally made it through my whole day one after three days of trying to get back on track! Woohoo! I feel accomplished this morning and I know today's choices will be much easier. Thanks for the support!

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Well, finally made it through my whole day one after three days of trying to get back on track! Woohoo! I feel accomplished this morning and I know today's choices will be much easier. Thanks for the support!

Hooray! Getting back on track after derailing is something to celebrate. Welcome back!
  • leslileberman
    leslileberman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That first day or two is tough! Keeping it under 40 this week then 30 next for the long haul. It gets better from here!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Had to work a trade show last weekend and got into hidden carbs but recovered by last night and strong into ketosis. Due to lack of sleep and going over 50 grams of carbs (no way to compute a number) for two days I was dragging out my tracks yesterday. Next time I may just pass on the banquet meals and eat well before the events.

Keep up the good work.
  • leslileberman
    Options
    Had to work a trade show last weekend and got into hidden carbs but recovered by last night and strong into ketosis. Due to lack of sleep and going over 50 grams of carbs (no way to compute a number) for two days I was dragging out my tracks yesterday. Next time I may just pass on the banquet meals and eat well before the events.

Keep up the good work.

It's amazing how you can always FEEL the difference! Thanks!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!

This past Saturday was, to put it mildly, a carb orgy for me. It was my birthday celebration, but I cut back Sunday and felt horrible. After a serious double-down Monday, I'm back to feeling human. The carbs are fun while they're happening, but the recovery is a rough thing for me.
  • jaimebruckler
    jaimebruckler Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I'm struggling to make a comeback, so I'll use you as inspiration.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!! I'm on day 4 of seriously getting back on track and gaining momentum. We can do it!!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Good for you!!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    it feels like a hangover for me- wake up all tired, bloated- headache- it is great motivation not to do it

i equate carbs to alcohol- MODERATION !! LOLOL or not at all...LOLOL
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting through day 1. Good luck on day 2!!!
  • leslileberman
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Awesome! Keep it up!

This past Saturday was, to put it mildly, a carb orgy for me. It was my birthday celebration, but I cut back Sunday and felt horrible. After a serious double-down Monday, I'm back to feeling human. The carbs are fun while they're happening, but the recovery is a rough thing for me.

Thanks! Orgy is definitely a mild word to describe my fall off as well! LOL
  • leslileberman
    Options
    Thanks you all, got through day 2 as well!! Today is a cake walk, already the cravings are gone and sailing right through. Can't believe it's lunch time already!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! :mrgreen: Keep up the amazing work and remember the longer you're on keto/lchf the easier it is to avoid temptations.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Great stuff. If you can do it once you can do it again... and again.... and... then its your lifestyle. It gets easier i promise. Stick with it - you're doing great.