Holidays

Options
mmebouchon
mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
What strategies do folks use to eat under goal and get exercise when you are staying with friends and family. I am used to weighing everything and having total control of what's on the menu now I have 3 weeks to survive in other peoples homes eke! Plus I feel rude to say I need an hour to myself everyday to exercise.

Replies

• ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You may have to estimate a lot on the food....although you could occasionally suggest you all try out a new recipe (make sure it's one with nutrition info available!). And maybe you could let one or two people know you've been trying to stay active, and ask if they would be up for doing a workout video with you, or going for a walk or bike ride daily. Most people want to become more healthy themselves, so I have found the most of the time people are excited to do it with you if you just ask. :)
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ewoksrule3. Very good ideas. I think offering to cook a new recipe is a wonderful idea that will go over well at the cottage. Not so much at my mother in laws home. But I know everyone likes variety and someone else to do the cooking at the lake so I will hit the market and see what looks good.