Butter Made my pants fall off

Options
KETOGENICGURL
KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
There is a cute, home grown youtube video of a southern man who charmingly describes losing a lot of weight via Low carb..the video title " Butter made my pants fall off" gets him lots of attention.

Well last night it happened to me!!!!

I am no clothes horse, I live in a rural area where MOST girls wear flannel shirts, jeans, and don't shave..they are called "Humboldt Honeys"**.

I was walking the old puppy on our 9pm walk down my rural lane... ..I had clipped the small box that holds the electronics of the EMPI300 to my pants waistband. (it provides nerve stimulation via little pads..and helps with sciatic leg pain) the box weighs a bit over a pound.

the pants HAVE been feeling looser, I can grab a handful of fabric at the sides of my thigh now.

but I am NOT buying new clothes..just wearing out what I have, and looking forward to new clothes in another 50 pounds.

Anyway…we are walking, and slowly I feel a sliding..then more sliding, then the pants slid down past my jacket. hahaha good thing it was dark out, and no neighbors saw!!

after checking most of my pants I can see I will be donating them by the end of the year..just too much fabric, the waists are slipping down, most don't have belt loops and I hate belts anyway..so time to let them go!! 29 pounds gone is making a real difference.

** many of them are trimmers ( the come into town during pot harvest season, and work the plants, trimming buds. it's a whole illegal industry here!!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I had that happen with a pair of short pants without a belt that were too small for me several months ago. Congratulations!
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Lolol, I love your sense of humour!! Knowing you I think you will find a stylish way to keep them up until the designated recycle time! Me, I'm using a safety pin to maintain my dignity until I fit the trousers sitting waiting for that magical inch to go that will let me wear them again. :)
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!

That is great to see those changes.

It takes so much work to get them!
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Humboldt County? I live in Shasta. Hey neighbor! I totally know what you mean by Honey's. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sewing machine. Darts, lots of them.

Oh, most of the honeys can sew, I have a few friends ;)
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I had that happen with a pair of short pants without a belt that were too small for me several months ago. Congratulations!

Watch out for airport security checks. Somebody here had mentioned them, but I forgot about it. Had to hold on to my pants during the beltless scan. Bought some new shorts after that. :)
  • JennyToy1
    JennyToy1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that is awesome. PLEASE don't underestimate the power of well fitting clothes for the ole' motivation. i don't care if they are comfy sweats or PJ's. I always feel better with well fitting clothes and that *always* motivates me. PS, i like the butter makes yer pants fall off guy :) i watch his videos on you tube when i stumble accross 'em.
  • DebraWilliams1
    DebraWilliams1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    hahha thanks all..had fun posting this one.. no worries on having clothes too wear!!

Like MOST women I have clothes in the 'back of the closet" that are 3 sizes too small…so I have a TON of clothes to shop from my own closet. I found I am wearing the same stuff over and over now because I know it will be time to say goodbye soon..mostly to the dustbin as rags. ( some of us older ladies have 4 different wardrobes for all our sizes)

And thankfully I SEW..in fact I dragged out 2 NEW pairs that need 4" cut off the bottom…it is tuff being 5'1" and having to alter most of everything.

Ages ago when I started to gain I learned the trick of cutting a "diamond" shape of semi-matching fabric.
    Opening the armpit/sleeve on any blouse or jacket..and inserting this "widener".. good for an added 15 pounds of arm fat….a great trick when me and hubby were students, going to college at the same time, and being pretty broke. AND eating cheap food loaded with carbs and sugar…. at the lowest economics point we ate off-brand Mac & cheese..15 cents a box, made with water…no money for milk when rent was due….. I determined, like Scarlett O'Hara* "I would never eat this crap again"

( *she was stuck with a dirty turnip, and swore never to be hungry again..great image in the movie, and the book)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!

I have a pair of yoga pants that are quickly falling off, but a year ago, they were entirely too tight. I still wear them around the house and when they fall off, I laugh. I call them my "yay me!" pants.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    When I am out working and on the tractor I wear some old ones that are more like 44's due to the stretch waist bands. Ran into town the other day wearing them and and several people mentioned I had lost weight. Then I realized I had gathered them up with the belt that had new holes made in it and they were puckered all around at the waist and the belt tip was hanging down about foot or more. :)
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    screen_shot_2011-11-09_at_11.54.15_am_1.png
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've heard even worse things about tequila...
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    pondsbb wrote: »
    screen_shot_2011-11-09_at_11.54.15_am_1.png

For anyone too young to remember The Carol Burnett Show...Carol did a skit of Gone With The Wind where Scarlet makes a dress out of curtains.

But the show left the curtain rod in the dress. That show was so funny.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :D LOL A good problem to have.

I had a similar situation today. I was wearing a pair of shorts that gave me a serious muffin top earlier this summer which are now loose enough to pull on an off without undoing the button or fly. Anyways, I took my kids to the amusement park today and we went on the log ride and got pretty wet. Those shorts kept slipping down for hours with the added water weight. LOL I would have complained but I secretly loved having that for a problem. ;)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! congrats.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

It sounds even worse in the UK where pants would mean underwear.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options

Yikes!!!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Mine are getting lose all over but I think I'm losing most weight in my tummy which is looking like a deflated ball. Loose enough that my hubby comments on how he hopes they won't fall off tho and I have to cover the too loose waistband gaps with long shirts.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Butter made my underwear fall off!