Everyone passed me this morning....

Options
traceyc013
traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
I was the youngest person walking at the mall this morning... And everyone passed me... But i was there... I walked.... I conquered! boo yah!

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Before you know it you will be passing them!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Good for you! When I first started going to the track that happened to me all the time. People older then me, people larger then me always passed by me. It actually encouraged me to keep going. I use the app runkeeper and my goal is to beat my pace/time. I started out walking 1 1/2 miles in 31 minutes and now my average time is 27 minutes. It feels good when I actually pass someone. :)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    It's okay. I wasn't that fast either when I started walking. The important thing is that you did it.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    traceyc013 wrote: »
    I was the youngest person walking at the mall this morning... And everyone passed me... But i was there... I walked.... I conquered! boo yah!

You passed everyone who sat on the couch!

btw - I often feel the same about swimming. :smile:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    You passed everyone who sat on the couch! .. love that saying. I need to remember that.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    It only matters that you were there. The only failure is quitting.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    The only person you need to pass is yourself.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes! Good job for going!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    GO Girl!!
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not everyone passed you. The person in your mirror a month ago is still there ,the way you were , unchanged. However you have changed. You are not that person. You are doing something. THAT person is the only one you are competing with. The old you. Just outdo that person.
    I've always told people the hardest part of daily working out is ' Just getting up off the couch ,putting your shoes on and walking out the door.'
    See , you've got the hardest part done.
    Stay with it.
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks gang. I felt pretty empowered by the whole thing....
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I get that. Running humbles me all the time, being passed by much older runners. But hey, they have probably been doing it much longer! Now I try to say, "good for them!", and also good for me being out there. So, good for YOU being out there too!