Snaps' Summer 6 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join?

Had an op on my ankle, and am 3 weeks post op now, so time to get back on the fasting wagon. Did my 1st fast yesterday, and it went ok. Made around 600 cals, so not kicking myself over it.

My only problem is exercising, at the moment, I'm in a ROM boot and it's fixed to 90 degrees, so no movement. Everything has to be upper body, and some gentle walking, but I guess that's better than nothing. :)
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wasn't able to log on Saturday (and I never do on Sunday), but I'm starting the second week today with a fast. I lost 1.2 lbs. last week, which made me very happy, and I'm hoping for another dip on Thursday. :smile:
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    @debbie389 - it's never too late to join :p

First fast day of the week is in the box. Hope you are doing well too!
  • brophc
    brophc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My first fast in about 6 months is tomorrow. Does anyone have any good recommendations on filling food recipes? Do you use the 5:2 recipe book?
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    @brophc dig deeper into the old threads of this group. There are about 4 recipe threads around with good ideas. :)
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation and ready to get serious!! I was able to fast a few days, but then when it came time for dinner...well, let's just say I couldn't stay near 500 cals. Now that I'm on my own turf, I can focus on my goals. Looking forward to reaching my goals with all of you!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I discovered an interesting trick last night. After I finished dinner I brushed my teeth. After that it totally discouraged me from having any 'extras' while I was washing up. I usually find some treat to stick in my mouth, but once I brushed my teeth I just didn't want to mess up that fresh feeling.
  • brophc
    brophc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had my first fast day yesterday and did the exact same teeth-brushing thing! It really works!
  • russellma
    Options
    I'm planning on the second fast for Week 2 today. I had a 0.2 lb. loss from last week, so that's progress! :)
  • snaps27
    Options
    brophc wrote: »
    I had my first fast day yesterday and did the exact same teeth-brushing thing! It really works!

It really does.

Hey all end of week 2! I only managed 1 fast this week...again. Summertime is soooo difficult, such a challenge. But I'm sticking to it. Hope everyone is having fun in the sun. B)
  • russellma
    Options
    I'm having the same problem this week since it will be packed full of "out-of-the-normal". My only two 'normal' days are back to back, so I can only use one of them. So, I'm going to count today as a fast day, and try to get as close as possible. I figure close is better than no fast at all.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Tomorrow my second fast day of the week. This week has been going well with no major hiccups. Weighed myself this morning and I'd 2lbs down, hope I can keep it there until my official weigh-in on Sunday.
  • russellma
    Options
    Weigh in today showed a 0.4 lb drop... It wouldn't be overly exciting except that it's in the right direction, so that's something I hadn't been seeing prior to 5:2. :) My second fast day is today.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Summers rounding up and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...kids go back to school next Thurs :D Not that I have not enjoyed spending time with them, but I desperately miss my routine and less temptations thrown my way! Not down too much, but this challenge has defiantly helped me to keep under control and not gain this summer. Let's keep it going!
  • russellma
    Options
    Weigh in today showed a 1.2 lb. loss from last week. Yay!! :) We started school this week, so no workouts yet (which means I'll have to squeeze one in for the next three days if I want to meet my goal...That's something I'll have to work on to try to get some sort of schedule.) Second fast for the week will be today, but is the first one with my new school schedule, so we'll see how it goes.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    After feeling like a long term resident of Plateau-city, I have FINALLY been able to move to Loserville!!!! A long-deserved loss of 3.2 lbs popped up on my scale this morning. It is so hard to believe that I could actually reach my goal. Only 6.5 lbs more to go.
  • russellma
    Options
    Great job, flossyruby1! :)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Thanks Russell!!! I appreciate it. I've noticed you've been consistently losing...keep it up!!
  • russellma
    Options
    Week #5, First fast is today. It seems like these weeks have gone awfully fast!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    OMG...you are right! Time seems to move much more quickly as I get older. I'm finishing my first fast today. I'm considering eating my left arm (I'm kind of hungry right now). Hopefully, if needed, we can extend the summer challenge. I'm in California and summer here can last until the end of October :p