Introduce Yourself

Options
My name is Lacey and I am married with four children, ages 9, 7, 6, and 18 months. I have been struggling with my weight all my life. When I was a kid I would dramatically increase in weight during the winter and in the summer I would drop 40 lbs (resulting in stretch marks) from eating a healthy breakfast, a slim fast for lunch, and a healthy dinner with a slim fast. I would do all this with walking 9 times around my apartment complex every day. Since I'm an adult with children, that diet no longer becomes possible because I find myself too busy to plan time to go out walking and I focus too much on my kids so I don't feel that eating is that important. I usually go all day without thinking about breakfast or lunch for myself and then I eat bigger portions for dinner. I heard about this diet yesterday and thought I'd give it a try. Yo-yo dieting doesn't scare me because I've been doing it all my life. I would like to lose 100- 120 lbs. and I feel that eating consistently throughout the day in smaller portions will shrink my stomach so that I don't have to eat so much. I plan to repeat this diet 3 days on and 4 days off as many times as I can, while using myfitnesspal to keep track on the days that I am off. I did find sites that offered substitutions for this diet. I do not like grapefruit, beets, or cauliflower so I will be subbing oranges, carrots, and broccoli. My menu also did not have anything except meat and string beans for dinner on day 1. The people on that site lost an average of 7 lbs. in the first 3 days. I look forward to learning more about all of you.

Replies

• hopestobelost
    Options
    Hi. I am going to start the diet tomorrow (Monday) and will let everyone know on Thursday how it went. I don't think it looks that hard. Its only 3 days of eating very light, and I think, healthy, and then you eat normal the rest of the week, right? If it works, then I cannot imagine why anyone would have anything negative to say about it. And you know they do, right?
  • Libraryluo
    Libraryluo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is my second week doing this, I lost about 7 pounds last week during my first run through. I am 50, wife and mother to 3, the youngest being 16. I started mfp 2/1/13 and have lost a total of 25 so far. I'm thinking because of being menopausal, that's why the weight was not coming off as easily as it has in the past, so that's why I wanted to give this diet a shot. It seems to be working, and I have more energy! Am very excited!
  • MeshaGail
    Options
    Hello, I'm Mesha. I started the diet today. It has been a good day. I ate everything the first day and really did look forward to dinner. I didn't feel really hungry and if I wanted to snack, I drank water. I also walked on the treadmill for 40 mins. I feel really good at the end of day one. My starting weight as of 3/4/13 is 152.2. I will update my weight on Thursday.
  • MeshaGail
    Options
    Day two is done. I had a bit of a hard time. I wanted to snack then my mom made fish and fries and I really wanted some. Over all, I had a good day. One more to go.
  • MeshaGail
    Options
    I completed the diet and lost 2 pounds. So this does work and I did work out a little. I may try this agan and work out a little more.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    on day 1. i have tried this diet 2 other times and lost 7lbs the first time and 5lbs the second. I really love this diet. All the negativity on this diet is soo annoying. who cares what other people say when you find something that works for you go for it!! I will let everyone know how much I lost on friday morning
  • mcwillmom
    mcwillmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Katie and I'm a mom of two needing to lose about fifty pounds. I'm on day two of the diet and in the first day I lost 3.2 pounds! There's so much negativity about this diet that I'm almost doing it as an experiment :) I'm curious to see if that was water weight and if I'll continue to lose. I've been doing MFP for a while now and am used to eating a 1200 calorie diet so I don't feel like this was that much of a stretch for me and if it'll boost my weight loss then why not? Day one I was never hungry, but I was tired. But as far as a diet, I felt pretty good. What I like about it mainly is that I feel like it's helping to train you to keep your portions small. I don't feel like I'm going to binge on my four days off because I want to maintain this. I feel like I'm learning a healthy balance of food...and losing weight in the process :)
  • Libraryluo
    Libraryluo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 40 pounds now, and I believe this diet has helped keep things moving for me. I intend to keep doing it every week to see how things progress. I'm one of the fortunate ones that doesn't feel tired from being on it, if anything, it gives me more energy!
  • bdlingafel
    bdlingafel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weighed about 250 when my girlfriend and I decided to start a diet. We then seen this diet plan online and decided we would start our diet with this in order to give us a boost of confidence of losing a lot of weight really quick in order to keep us on the diet. Let me tell you, it really worked! First day I lost 5lbs on the dot, second day was 3.6lbs, and after the third day was another 1lb for a total of 9.6lbs total on the military diet! I read somewhere that if you repeat this diet every week your body might get used to it and not burn quite as much as well as the fact that apparently it's not all that healthy for you lol. So I plan on doing this every other week.
  • coopieclan
    coopieclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: , I just started the diet this week and this morning (day 4) weighed in at 7.6 lbs off.

I'm so sick and tired of all the haters out there. I've tried the message board looking for others using this diet and got nothing but unsolicited negative comments. I'm glad there is a group for just us.

I'm monitoring my food intake today and hope to stay under 1200 calories. Did this work for others on days 4-7? Is that tyoo few calories?

I have 70+ to lose and would love your feedback.
  • delray92
    delray92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Katrina and I just started my first day of this diet and have to say I feel pretty good, not hungry at all...not yet it's only 2pm though haha. My sister has been using this diet and has gotten great results so I hope I follow suit! Hope to meet some new people on here to help me stay on track and for new friends. :D
  • sabrina_stafford
    sabrina_stafford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, @delray92 ! Today is my day 1 of my second week. I lost 6 lbs last week. Hopefully this week will be about the same :)
  • delray92
    Options
    Wow!! great job! I'm not looking to shed everything over night but I can't lie, seeing any result in three days would be a huge motivation booster!!
  • sabrina_stafford
    Options
    We got this, @delray92 ! I've tried so many times and give up when I dont see results. Fingers crossed this is the key for me... and you!
  • delray92
    Options
    I just finished my first round of the diet and lost almost 5 pounds so i can say this very well may become a routine for me. 3 days on 4 days off. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you @sabrina_stafford
  • sabrina_stafford
    Options
    So on my off days last weekend we went to a mud bogg event where I ate a cheesesteak. I know... not a good choice. I gained 2 lbs that day! Then I ended up losing almost 5 lbs this round...(if that dang scale would have went one more friggin ounce) Total for the last 10 days...11lbs- my 2 lb gain.... 9lbs. I'll take that.
  • sabrina_stafford
    Options
    and WHOOOO!!! Awesome job, @delray92!
  • delray92
    Options
    so sorry im only seeing this now @sabrina_stafford !! You are making great progress!! I will start my second round tomorrow. So mad I didnt do it sooner though, life just got a little crazy. but i start tomorrow.