MFP diary and calorie settings

Options
pennysteed
pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
I realize that I am still in my first 3 months, and am restricted to 900 calories or less, but is it possible to change what MFP says I am suppose to consume or should I even worry about it at this point? I guess I am getting tired of the lecture from MFP every time I "complete my diary" for the day.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You can change your goal to what your individual target is, but that will not remove the lecture (or the fact that it won't post the Completed diary automatic status update. If you go into goals and create custom goals, you can get the targets to say whatever you want (both calories and macro percentages).

If the automatic status update is important to you (it was to me), you can manually add enough calories to get you to 1000 calories (for a woman, 1200 for guys), complete the diary, then take the manual entry out.

Rob
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you Rob, I was hoping to post my diary so others could look at it, but as long as I am tracking my food (cal and protein) somewhere, I guess that is all that matters. Right now I am desperately trying to break through a 2 week plateau, where I am actually starting to gain weight. Nut. said not to worry for a few more weeks, but I am one of those people who worries and plans things to death. I will succeed in this new lifestyle, I just have to have faith. Sorry about the rambling.
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pennysteed, I am 4 months out from VSG and have had my share of plateaus too. I think that you have to accept them as part of the process and not worry too much. I have had weight loss in numbers never reached before. I took 6 months to lose 35 lbs before surgery. That was without the vsg tool but I was highly motivated to lose in order to "qualify" for the surgery. Since the surgery I have continued to lose. Total loss is 80 lbs since last November when I attended the first surgeon's appointment. I started MFP then, so it keeps that number in front of me. When did I ever reach an 80 lb loss before? and in only 9-10 months!!! Try to look at it from that point of view and a slow down of a few weeks will not matter so much. During this last stall, I have had more people tell me that I am looking good, or that they can really tell that I am losing, and my clothes are starting to irritate me because they are so loose on me. All of these non-scale-victories (NSV) really add up to keep me motivated. I also set pretty low level weight goals of 15-20 lbs at a time so that I can reach more of them more often. My final goal is still so far off that it discourages me to attempt that all at once. I want to reach that 100 lb total loss next.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    pennysteed wrote: »
    Thank you Rob, I was hoping to post my diary so others could look at it, but as long as I am tracking my food (cal and protein) somewhere, I guess that is all that matters.
    Penny, mine was the same way..it will still keep the information and allow people to see it even if it's not publishing it to their newsfeed...whoever wants to see your journal still can, they just have to go to your page to view it. :) Good luck to you, the small plateaus really stink..makes you worry what's going on, but like Jill said also, you just have to look at the big picture of it and not lose your motivation and faith. You got this. :)

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My second paragraph is the trick to use to get your status update back. I used it because I like the automatic notice on my newsfeed.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @rpyle111 Thank you for the status trick!