Ouch! I've been really stupid

Options
tarahughes24
tarahughes24 Posts: 30 Member
I'm brand spanking new to the world of dieting and am only 1 week into MFP and have a vivosmart. I really like it and I make myself log everything I consume
- otherwise what's the point right? BUT I've been very uncontrolled today and ate a whole bag of sweet popcorn on top of lots of toast.

No excuses, I've been an idiot.

Now I'm 695 cals over my limit, 222g of carbs over and 131g sugar over.

Obvs I feel crappy now.

How do you get over/avoid self-sabotage? Does anyone else do it?

Tomorrow is another day :-/

(Fyi my goal is around 26kgs to lose or when I'm down to a good size for me with a big improvement by early Dec)

Replies

• rebjessja
    rebjessja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't beat yourself up! We all have bad days! I have certainly binged on my triggers like chocolate, kettle corn, and cookies! Just commit to doing better tomorrow and take it one day at a time. The better you consistently eat, the less you'll want to cheat. :)
  • tarahughes24
    Options
    Thanks, I've taken the dog for a long walk today and will move on and keep moving :-)
  • Aprilwillrun10
    Aprilwillrun10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with rebjessja! We all have been there! Get right back on track! You will do just fine! We are all in this together!
  • ajae1930
    ajae1930 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Too often. Continue to focus on the remainder of the day. Cardio, walking and running help burn off those unwanted calories.
  • dtag07
    dtag07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every day is a step in a long journey. Keep moving forward.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    the key is facing it. good job. log it and move on!
  • mdbourns
    mdbourns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Agree with the group. One day at a time. Clean slate in the morning. When I get to craving sweets , I grab gum. I chew all kinds of flavors . It keeps your mind off of sweets for a bit and hopefully you will get distracted. Good luck tom.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    with each new day there is fresh hope!
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    There is hope! Never focus on the mishap, or else you will get suck back in. After all you are only human...right. Instead, recognize your triggers and come up with a solution. Don't ever beat yourself up. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    It was just one day and if you do extra exercise every day it should just even out. Everybody has a bad day. Tomorrow's a new day! :)
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good job facing it, but here's the first thing you need to do: Stop calling it dieting. It is a lifestyle change, not something you are trying out, or doing. Your eating and exercising and healthy activities have to become natural parts of your everyday life, not something you are doing. I know this may seem like a lot over something that some people might just see as semantics, but the word "diet" or any variation thereof needs to go.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Log it, carry the excess over, and eat less the next day/days. Don't think in terms of "blown" days because all-or-nothing stuff doesn't work well. IMO. You can have faster or slower progress, that's it.
  • tarahughes24
    Options
    Many thanks for the responses. Twice I've gone over my calorie limit (and felt awful about it) but I'm determined to log everything.

I'm not losing weight quickly (1.7kg over 2 weeks seems like a healthy rate) but I am feeling the benefits in reduced knee pain and feeling more energetic.

I've also decided to check my measurements over time rather than just weight as they're a reliable indicator of how I'm doing.

Best wishes to all :-)