Charts for Veggies & Fruits

Options
BikerGirlElaine
BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
Hi everyone,

I don't post much but I do read here as much as I can. I do enjoy reading what you all write, I just don't have enough time to participate a lot.

I'm hoping that someone here can help me out. I was wondering if anyone has come across charts like some that I had years ago, and if you have, could you share a link, please.

They were charts that listed the amounts of food that had a certain number of carbs. For example, one was for a 5 grams of carbs. To eat 5 grams of carbs, you would eat 75 grams or 3/4 Cup of broccoli or whatever. Or 3 gummy bears, or so many peanuts, or this amount of grapes... I like having the info this way because it makes it easier for me to mix and match. I know right away how much of a new food to add into my meal plans -- I do try to get variety in my foods but I am also forgetful, so a quick look-em-up chart would be perfect.

I think I had them for 5 grams, 10 grams, and 15 grams. I don't know where I got them -- maybe I had made them myself?? That was a long time ago (back in the 90's probably!) But I thought they must be out there on the internet somewhere by now. I tried searching, but maybe one of you has stronger google-fu than I do.

If not, I'll just work on creating them myself -- but thanks in advance if you know of a resource!

Replies

• MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think those charts are in the "Protein Power" book by the Drs. Eades.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you, I have those books so I will look there!