New and In the pre-surgery process.

Options
Hi I am 45 a mother and wife. I am currently 314 pounds. I am just starting the pre-surgery process. I am looking for support, advice and truth about your experience.

I have struggled with eating issues all my life. I suffer with chronic pain and illness. I can not do the things I want to with my family. I am exhausted, beat down and feeling hopeless.

And I am going to find a way to finally do this!

~Shannon

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I was sleeved in September of 2014. I am very happy with my journey to date. I tend to stall frequently and have a different story than some --- I DO still feel hungry and I CAN still overeat. Some don't have those challenges but I try to post my experience since I feel it helps to have all bases covered. The more you know...the more you can plan. As you are in the start of your process, I would recommend researching and reading all that you can (the internet is so wonderful!) Work to deal with the issues you have since they do not just go away with surgery. I felt hopeless too but as I researched more and more, I began to feel more hopeful and stronger in my decision. I had some additional medical issues (blood sugar out of control, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high heart rate) and these have become almost normal after surgery.
  • sarahkurylocresswell
    sarahkurylocresswell Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm newer to this group as well. Meeting with my pre- op Dr on Tuesday. Surgery is still 12-14 months away because of the wait times. Been doing this on my own for over a year and 1/2 have managed to take of 43lbs by using fitness pal and tracking my calories!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be seven years out next month! I was pretty successful mostly because I had a strict program and I followed it. I did a *lot* of exercise and that helped too. You can read all about it at my blog. Look for posts starting in Aug. 2008 and read forward.

I should do a summary post one of these years so people can get the gist without having to backtrack so far.

http://www.fattyfightsback.com
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I had sleeve 2.14.14. I then developed HORRID acid reflux. Off the charts. So, I just had a revision to RNY on 8.4.15. Follow up procedures generally don't give you the rapid losses you had the first time. I can agree with that now. :) I am down another 10. I lost about 50 on the sleeve and then NOTHING for over a year. No matter what I did. It was really strange. I've heard others say the same. I am sort of at a stall right now but only 3 weeks out. I am happy with how things went. Still a bit sore. :( Feel free to friend me here. Let me know if you have questions.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im really thinking about it im the heaviest ive ever been i know its not as big as others but i feel if i dont make a big change it will only get worse my new starting weight is 267 im down to 262
  • sunshinekaye
    sunshinekaye Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Embera: Have you made any progress? How are you doing?