My Before and After

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Now for something completely different. My recent kidney stone provided me with some cool CT scan images. Turns out I had a similar opportunity last year (appendix) before I started my diet. What luck, eh? :)

w3k0ege19hc6.jpg

Same guy. Same scale. 30-35lbs difference. Still enough fat left to feed me for a couple months. :)

In case it's not obvious, you're looking at a cross section right at my belly button. The bottom of my feet are pointing at you.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great documentation of the fat loss! That is cool!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    That is both cool and amazing - great job @wabmester ! Here's to you NOT having a reason for a CT scan next year though. :smiley:
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Big difference in the two. :lol: I agree with mwyvr, let's hope there's no reason for another CT scan.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You're so much smaller! ...but, but...can you explain what color is what ? I'm having difficulty interpreting.
  • wabmester
    edited August 2015
    Options
    White is bone, medium dark is muscle and organ, dark is fat and water.

In the before picture, my intestines are glowing because of a barium milk shake (yum).

From top down, you're viewing my belly button, subcutaneous fat, stomach muscle, some intestines, kidneys, my spine, ribs, back muscles, and then back subcutaneous fat.

My viscera is bigger on the left, so there's also some visceral fat, but it doesn't really get highlighted.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's so incredible supporting info right there! Here's to hoping no more scans for comparison, unless elective!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! So the stones dissolved, looks like. I didn't know that was possible. Congratulations, and thank you for posting about it!
  • wabmester
    Options
    The stone is still there, just not in this particular cross section. I chose my belly button for a reference marker in both CT scan series. I have a LOT of images. :)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I like this. It speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So cool!!