Which cycle?

Options
I'm doing 2 days low, 1 day normal/high, 2 days low, 1 day normal/high then one free day. Anyone else cycling? If so, how are your results? The first week, I lost about a pound. I'm excited to see my results going forward. This plan is fun!

Replies

• leebarox
    Options
    Hey! I am so excited to see a group on CC! I just started the turbo cycle yesterday and I really hope this works for me. I need to lose 50 lbs. I lost 90 but I kinda fell back on my journey and I really want to finish this all the way tiill the end! Well when I started yesterday I was so good all day till I went to my momshouse in the eve and saw freshly baked cake and I ate it.. I almost wanted to kill myself for doing that but instead I realized that its ok to make a mistake I will get back up and continue going strong.
  • darlahmitchell
    darlahmitchell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey leebarox! I started this group because I didn't see anything about carb cycling on MFP and I'm into it. I'm waiting on my Chris Powell book and, when I get it, I'm going to follow his recommendations. For now, last week and this week, I'm following another book and my regimen is 2 days low, 1 day normal, 2 days low, 1 day normal and then on Sundays, whatever. I'm holding steady at my weight now but I'm hoping to see the scales move or my clothes to sag soon! I added you as a friend so we can see each others food diaries. I don't know much about 'Turbo'. Who's is it? I'd love to hear about it.
    Good luck!!! Happy to meet you.
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to put together my own carb cycling routine and menu. I'm debating on whether I should go ahead and buy "Choose to Lose" by Chris Powell. I've pulled various information from different websites but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed since different sites say different things. I was wondering if the book helped simplify things for you.
  • jenb1830
    jenb1830 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I just wanted to reach out as well and let you know that I too read Chris Powell's book, and while I thought it was good, I still found myself a bit unclear on the specifics. I just finished reading Franco Carlotto's book "Carb Cycle" and I found that it really broke down the plan to where it was much easier for me to understand. It even goes to provide a week of sample meals following the 2 low, 1 normal, 2 low, 1 normal, and reward day outline. For a control freak like me, this definitely made the process from transitioning from "diet-mode" to permanent lifestyle. Thought I'd spread the word! :smile:
  • yykason
    yykason Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've just started carb cycling and now into day 3 of high carb. Anxious to see if if this helps to break the plateau. I've been following this link http://www.rippednaturally.com/zig-zag-diet.html and found very useful info and details with explanation. One thing I agree is I must crank up the cardio on high day...Hope to see some positive changes!
  • f0xt4il
    f0xt4il Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am giving carb cycling a go for weight loss. So hopefully I can return to exercise safely (back injury) and then try to put on some muscle!
    I didn't like full ketogenic diets as it affected my mood and my brain power to be so low on carbs day after day, so giving this a go.
    I've read a bit of info, but not tons, and I'm keen to do what works for me, mind, body and soul. So with that in mind, and with a restricted calorie goal as well, I've set myself the following cycle of Carb:Protein:Fat percentages. Keen to have input from those who are a bit more experienced at this.

Mon - low carb C10:P45:F45
    Tue - high carb C50:P35:F15
    Wed - mid carb C35:P30:F35
    Thurs - mid carb C35:P30:F35
    Fri - high carb C50:P35:F15
    Sat - low carb C10:P45:F45
    Sun - mid carb C35:P30:F35

I've let my schedule and the associated psychology dictate high and low days more than the recommended patterns I've read, becasue I figure sticking to it is the highest priority!

Love to have feedback from people on whether my cycle is going to make a difference.
    Thanks
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined this group and also just finished one of Chris Powell's books. Excited to start this new journey! I like variety and was hoping some of you could share your favorite recipes. What has helped you the most?
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My sister is a huge fan of CC and given how I work out thinks its something I should be doing. I'm meeting her for dinner tonight to get more info so might be joining you guys!
  • chami1013
    chami1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm wanting to start carb cycling. I have questions too! I do cardio 7 days a week and lift weights 4 or 5 days a week. I've lost 59 lbs on my own. What would be a good cycle for me? 4 or 5 days on and 2 days off?
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Turbo Cycle program which has 4 low carb days. I have 49 lbs to lose.
  • Fiyahcrakah
    Fiyahcrakah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new to carb cycling, just wanted to see if any of the past posters have seen results. If so, do mind sharing your meal plans?
  • lvllt
    lvllt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to carb cycling. What do I do with fats on the different days and macros?