Any fellow pescatarians on LCHF?

Options
kmhaley81
kmhaley81 Posts: 19 Member
I'm starting to get bored with my usual foods. Just wondering if there were other pescatarians in this group and what you were eating. I can't eat eggs due to a reaction I get from them, even though I LOVE them. But I'm getting bored with fish fish fish all the time.

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Not a pescetarian, but my diet naturally gravitate towards seafood often. Shrimps and shellfish?
    A bowl of steamed mussels in parsley, garlic and white wine italian style is yum!

I prefer real food, but I have some pea protein on the waiting list of experiments.

Try look up keto friendly plant proteins like hemp hearts ?
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Not a pescatarian either but could you include clams and calamari?

I googled low carb seafood recipes and there is an abundance of different flavour and cooking combinations.
  • kmhaley81
    kmhaley81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've never cooked clams, I will check it out! I live in Maine, so getting well-priced seafood isn't hard. I just miss veggie burgers. Too many carbs :D
  • rumrunner91
    rumrunner91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm lacto/ovo/pescetarian :smile: (I don't drink milk though so my dairy is mostly cheese/yoghurt. I'm trying to switch to non-dairy cheeses/yoghurts but they are so expensive where I live :disappointed:)

I eat a lot of tofu in addition to seafood (mostly shrimp but usually fresh catch when I eat out). My list of staple proteins doesn't vary much I just switch up how I cook them. I love making lettuce wraps with BBQ shrimp or tofu, zoodles with marinara sauce and grilled shrimp, baked salmon with salad, etc.

Feel free to message me if you wanna chat more about this stuff!