August Morning Coffee and Gratitude

Options

Replies

• seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I am so happy to hear you slept well, and your vacation sounds wonderful! I heard about that sinkhole on the news last night and felt sorry for anyone and everyone who encountered it. Enjoy every second of your vacation!
  • seeingthelight
    Options
    Looks like a biking day today, sunny and cool this morning, but warming up to 79 degrees. So grateful I slept well and woke to a beautiful day!
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    So glad to be home and able to get back on track. Air is more clear of forest fire smoke here on Puget Sound, but our hearts ache for those inland.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    So glad to be home and able to get back on track. Air is more clear of forest fire smoke here on Puget Sound, but our hearts ache for those inland.

Last two days the Front Range has been extremely hazy and the news has had bad air quality alerts. Has your area gotten any rain lately, I have read about how bad it is up there, high temps etc.

• sharondtd
    Options
    Daughter said it stormed one day. Smoke is much, much less here than on the east side of the Cascades. It looked like the smoke was going toward you. It rolled down into Wyoming on Sunday.
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    Sharon, where are you? Looking at your avatar photo I kind of suspected you were in the Northwest. We are down at Ft Lewis. We came over from Spokane last Sunday and were grateful to see blue skies. I hear they are recommending that people stay inside the air quality is so bad. Such devastation!

• sharondtd
    Options
    Jan, we're in Puget Sound. The photo was taken in Portland on our way back from Wyoming, where it was smoky, also. The smoke came in here yesterday, but not nearly as bad as on the other side of the Cascades.
    Enterprise has sent all its SUV's over to the affected areas free of charge. Think they deserve an attaboy for doing that.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Got new walking shoes fitted at the special shop today. Taking it easy while my legs get used to the difference.
    Saw the Gastroenterologist today. Get to taper down to next level of cortisone very soon. Happy happy.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    Great news Sharon. It is so hard to lose when you are on cortisone. Glad you are making your way to healthy :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @sharondtd So glad you are on the mend! This hit just at the wrong time, but you are maintaining great!

I am grateful that Fitbit sent me a new Charge! Therefore I will...CHARGE! Need to fight off those pounds!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Good pt session. Keyboard on phone had changed and covets up what a person is entering. Also it is half the size. Dishruntled.
    Big Yay on the tripartite charge
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Uh bit. This new keyboard is not gonna work. At. All .
  • seeingthelight
    Options
    I am grateful for a new day! I have been feeling kinda down the past couple of days and therefore have been eating too much, so today I figured out how many calories I have left this week and I can fix this !!! I thank God for all my blessings.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    @seeingthelight We all deserve a little self-pampering on bad days. It is what you do after that counts! Good plan to turn negative into positive. Yay! animated-jumping-smiley-image-0031.gif
  • seeingthelight
    Options
    thank you grandmother. How are you feeling??? --back to normal?? --I hope so!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Yep! Better than ever! I do see the dr. on Monday though. Still think he or cardiologist needs to cut back on meds.
  • seeingthelight
    Options
    good luck!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Just found, on YouTube, a song I have been trying to find for about 40 years... What my best college buddy and I called "the Holy of Holies" --- whenever we would hear this, no matter what we were doing, we would stop and dance to it. I never even knew the name of the artist, just finally found it by searching the lyrics I remembered. Here it is, on my Top Ten Favorite Songs of all time... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LG12nJqfHc
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for my health today. Dr took the last stitch out of my arm. Bicycle injury completely healed!
  • grandmothercharlie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @mxchana Thanks, Kathy, for the great memory! Cool, smooth, soul...I'm grovin'! animated-dance-smiley-image-0024.gif

@amflautist Glad you have finally healed!