I need motivation

Options
sapirdov
sapirdov Posts: 5 Member
Every night when I go to sleep I promise myself that tomorrow would be a new day,a new start. And than, the day passed and I have the same promises as the other night .. While the weight keeps on climbing .
I need motivation. Something or someone that will help me not giving up.
Hope I might find it here.

Replies

• bubbex2
    bubbex2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Do your clothes fit? I gained around 15 lbs. I have a closet full of size 4 but I can't get into most of them. I also feel fat. I never had any rolls and I do now. My motivation is to fit into my clothes and be comfortable. Try going to your doctor and see why you're gaining. Mine told me I was pigging out on carbs. I have cut way back and have lost 3 lbs. in a bit over a week. Progress is motivation.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I replied to someone with a similar struggle in another group. You might like to read some of the responses there for encouragement and strategies.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10240925/in-need-of-some-tough-love#Item_12
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. It's all too easy to fall in the "tomorrow" routine. The words that inspired me the most were, tomorrow comes whether you fix your bad habits today or not -- so why not start today, and you'll be that much further ahead?

Excuse the bluntness, but I believe you need to hit a personal rock bottom before you'll make the change that you want/need to. Each of us had our own tipping point where enough was enough and we finally just did it and are still doing it. I was in the "meh" stage for a while. I kind of worked out, ate like crap as a reward for working out and then gained 20 lbs. One day a picture popped up on facebook of me with a bunch of friends 2 years ago and then a similar picture recently. All I could do was cringe. I didn't think I'd gained that much until an actual before and after pic was right in front of me -- and everyone I knew could see it as well! That was it for me. Something clicked, and I made little improvements day by day. And now I'm getting back to the before picture :) You'll find your motivation, but it has to come from something inside of you that truly wants a change of lifestyle.
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I recently pulled a dress out of my closet that I fit into a few years ago, and it is my new motivation. I plan on trying it on every week until it fits--then I'll wear it out, and show off all my hard work!
  • sapirdov
    sapirdov Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help..
    In my country now it is morning so it's a new day,
    With new hopes.
    Thank you
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :) You'll find your motivation, but it has to come from something inside of you that truly wants a change of lifestyle. [/quote]

• amyjeanw84
    amyjeanw84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For me I also like to find what isn't fitting and find a great pair of jeans and hang them so I can see them everyday until they fit. I mainly, however, go online (mostly Pinterest) and will find a lot of different motivational post or just read about getting fit and kind of go overboard with exercise ideas etc. One more think I do because I am a runner is sign up for a race with adequate time to train and then I know I have to get moving! Good luck :smiley:
  • Jamie_G77
    Jamie_G77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wishing the best for you! I've turned to Pinterest for words of inspiration and have printed out MANY of the images. I have them plastered throughout my house, mainly in the kitchen ;) for when I need it. Instead of looking at it as each day, look at it as each meal. So what, you didn't do as well this meal, BUT next meal you'll nail it. Then as each meal you make the right choices, the next one becomes easier.

1232bed11cc413fe2dbb740596764c8a.jpg