I need some girl help-fashion

Options
sweetteadrinker2
sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
I'm finally to the point of not wanting to hide my body in shapeless jeans and hoodies. But that's kinda all I've ever worn. I do have some cuter things, a couple tunics and a couple button down shirts, a few maxi skirts and 2 dresses. But could somebody please spell out for me what is in style/going to be in style this fall and winter??? These kinds of things elude me as I've always been a very basics oriented color coordination challenged person. Help!

Replies

• casscass78
    casscass78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I dont really go for what's 'in fashion' I pick what fits my body type the best and what makes me feel comfortable yet sexy enough to be in all day :)
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use a clothing rental service. It is pretty affordable and gives me a chance to try things I would normally assume would not look good on me. If you are losing weight these programs are a really good idea. No need to invest in a new wardrobe when they do the cleaning and you never have to wear the same thing twice!
  • InsaneFitness94
    InsaneFitness94 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This Fall is all about textures :)
    Try out clothing with various fabrics and textures. Animal prints and Khakis are sort of a must-have.
    Also basic colours are always in.
    Hope this helps!

• NinaVerissimo
    NinaVerissimo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im a fashion major and my advice is not to over think it honestly. The fall and winter is cold and if you get overcomplicated with your clothes and don't keep warm you are just gonna go right back to your hoodies, or at least thats what iv been known to do aha. A cute pair of boots, warm leggings, cropped sweaters, scarves. If you have things like that you can just switch it up depending on how you are feeling that day. Simple sweaters and fun scarves are a really easy way to look like you are really chic and trying while still being warm and comfortable. Check out the "outfit" section of different clothing stores websites, they usually have outfit examples that are following the current trends that you can get ideas from. Just wearing something because it is in can tend to look really off, the key if to find your style and what you feel most confident in. Chances are if you feel good you look good! Fall colors change a lot, but typically the silhouettes like sweaters, leggings, tights, boots, etc stay the same.