Kinda quiet in here

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
So I am taking roll call of the posters and lurkers. Who all is still here? What are you up to? What plan are you using? Do you find MFP helpful? Anything you need help with??

Replies

• carimiller7391
    Options
    Cari from Wilmington, DE. I actually started VLCHFMP (very low carb, high fat, moderate protein) on Friday 08.14.15. I stick to about 20 net carbs a day. I've been lurking on the LCD threads for awhile and find the group very informative and always ready to lend a helping hand. I finally decided to do VLCHFMP as it makes the most sense to me and my lifestyle. It is something that I can sustain for life. I LOVE MFP and the friends I've made here.... always looking for more friends. Can never have enough.

I am currently in a relationship with a man named Reggie, not sure for how much longer this is going to last. He asked for a month, on Thursday 08.13.15, to get his crap together and then surprised me with a bracelet, so I said, 1 month. Not because of the gift, but I do care about this man.

Right now, I don't really need help, unless someone can send me a new back. Mine's in pain.....
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Lurking around :) no new anything's going on here. Trying to keep on, keeping on.

I do wish I had my prior motivation to go to the gym so that stinks. I found a free app that's called Sworkit. Its an exercise app with different types of activities. Can do 5 min up to a bunch lol.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Lise from the UK. 34. SW 270. Fifty lb down so far calorie counting and mfp. Married for nearly eight years with two kids who are my 'why'. Weight lifter mostly and occasionally a runner. Mostly weights. In and out atm with some personal stuff going on but lurking and reading and helping if I think I can
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Carly from Smalltown USA, aka Oklahoma. Here! ;) 5'4", age 39, SW: 319, CW: 247 (I think), and GW: TBD - somewhere under 200...do be decided/determined after I get closer. It's been 20 years, so I've no concept of what that will look like anymore.

I'm currently working through some personal development stuff using a great audio book I found that has to be checked back in tomorrow. I'm hoping I can re-check it. I'm working on my weight loss/health gain situation, I'm working on getting my career back on track, I'm working on decluttering and better managing my household, among other things!

I'm kind of on a moderately ketogenic diet, meaning that I'm considered very low carb, high fat, and moderate protein. My carbs range from 20-40 per day. I'm not tightly tracking carbs or calories, as I don't want to do that forever, so I'm training myself now to lose as I'll maintain. If I want ice cream once in a blue moon, and I want the leaded stuff, I'll figure out how to work it in.

I'm not currently exercising...mostly as I'm super limited due to physical constraints, and i'm in physical therapy... I'm happy to finally find something food-plan-wise that works for me.

I'm in a Kurt Russell-Goldie Hawn type non-marriage that will probably last forever, but it works for me, mostly. My life is a total mess most of the time, but I'm working on it. It's all a work in progress, so....

As most of you know, I'm a tough-love type lady, don't sugar coat things... If you want someone to blow sunshine, rainbows, and roses up your bum, I'm SO NOT IT.... LOL
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been on vacation for the last 12 days
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Jealous!!! :) Hope it was a blast @linzee32!!
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It was awesome. Took an 8 day cruise to aruba, curaçao, grand Turk and Dominican Republic. Also did hollywood beach and ft lauderdale
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. Trying to get back into the swing of things and out of stagnation.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Happy to see some faces that haven't been here in a bit! (hugs) all around.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Happy to see some familiar faces as well.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm the newbie to this group - I joined on the invite from Carly, aka KnitOrMiss (nice to finally know your name Carly!).

My name is Ron and I live in Kansas. My highest weight was around 390 and my starting weight (this time around was 342 - several start/stops in the past). My current weight is 326. I recently realized I had BED and am working through that now. 30ish days binge free so far. My BED nearly killed me (or at least could have really hurt me) a few months ago and ever since I've stepped up treatment for it. I see a psychiatrist who has been really helpful, and just being more active on MFP in the groups is helping. I am part of the Over-eaters Anonymous group and am working through the steps there too.

Carly mentioned the book she has been reading and I grabbed a copy and am only 1 day in but am already getting so much out of it. I think that if I can tap into the skills in the book I might find the missing pieces I've needed to overcome the BED problems, and maybe some work stuff could be fixed too!

I try to be fairly active, I like to walk and ride my bike. Not a fan of indoor exercise, but I need to prepare for winter which will mean some indoor activities will be required. I am on a LCHF type diet (LC for me us under 100g carbs per day). With that regiment I seem to be able to manage my Type 2 Diabetes so far.

I married my high school sweetheart and we've been married for 23 years now. My wife is very supportive and I think she is really liking my new found love of cooking (not realizing I'm helping her eat healthier too, lol)!

I am addicted to MFP and am very active on the forums. If you are looking for a friend who will help offer ideas or support, feel free to send me a friend request.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Here's the challenge group link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/22604-mobo-moto

Hey, Ron! Glad to see you here. This is one of my most favorite groups on MFP. The Challenge Group (above) is a little more active at the moment, but there is a lot of overlap...

:) I personally LOVE the low carb lifestyle myself, though my numbers are different than yours... I'm trying to work toward dietary balance, and I'm just not sure exactly where I stand. I've had a lot of struggles of late, but I've been low carbing it pretty much all year.

I hope you love this group, too!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Hey Ron, welcome to the group. I am with you on the LCHFMP plan.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ron.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Haven't been on in awhile with school and football starting. Three in high school this year and three different football teams so I am spending a lot of time sitting in bleachers. Also had a medical scare that took a lot out of me but I managed to keep on plan through it all.

I am still chugging along but things aren't moving as much as I would like. The scale has only moved 9 lbs in the last 3 months so I am a far cry from my end of summer goal. But I have noticed a lot of changes. My hips and bottom have really toned up since I started the running. All my pants are falling down. I am getting frustrated but I just keep doing what I have been and hope it pays off in the end.

After the disastrous half marathon I completed a half marathon relay with my husband and kids and managed to run the entire thing with no rest stops or walking. I am pretty proud of that. It was a bigger race and we came in in the middle of the runners. I also did a 5 k last weekend and came in 20/35 in my age group...not bad when I was the oldest one in the group. I have one more race scheduled this summer and that is a marathon relay where I am running a 6 mile leg. I am really dreading the snow and having to resort to running on the treadmill. Still biking 3 days a week and running an average of 6 miles 3 days with one day of rest.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited September 2015
    Options
    wennim wrote: »
    I'm here! Haven't been on in awhile with school and football starting. Three in high school this year and three different football teams so I am spending a lot of time sitting in bleachers. Also had a medical scare that took a lot out of me but I managed to keep on plan through it all.

I am still chugging along but things aren't moving as much as I would like. The scale has only moved 9 lbs in the last 3 months so I am a far cry from my end of summer goal. But I have noticed a lot of changes. My hips and bottom have really toned up since I started the running. All my pants are falling down. I am getting frustrated but I just keep doing what I have been and hope it pays off in the end.

After the disastrous half marathon I completed a half marathon relay with my husband and kids and managed to run the entire thing with no rest stops or walking. I am pretty proud of that. It was a bigger race and we came in in the middle of the runners. I also did a 5 k last weekend and came in 20/35 in my age group...not bad when I was the oldest one in the group. I have one more race scheduled this summer and that is a marathon relay where I am running a 6 mile leg. I am really dreading the snow and having to resort to running on the treadmill. Still biking 3 days a week and running an average of 6 miles 3 days with one day of rest.

I'm sorry to hear the life is chaotic right now, but sometimes that's a good thing, because we don't have a chance to be off plan.

I'm so so so sorry about your medical scare. I hope things are settled back to boring normalcy there. Sending hugs.

Most people do notice an increase in weight (or at least a slowed loss rate), but a change in body composition when adding exercise. I'm hoping you have measurements and pictures to rely on for seeing the changes! Although your fitness accomplishments are nothing to ignore, either. Kudos on all those!

Glad to see you back, Wendy. Missed ya!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Hey Wendy!!

Glad to see you back. :smiley: Three in HS on 3 different football teams, wow... my butt hurts just thinking of those bleachers.

Sorry to hear of your medical scare. Hopefully you're doing ok now. Big HUGS to you my friend.

Falling down pants... hope it isn't happening while you are trying to run. That would cause some major problems. Glad to know you are enjoying the running. Seems to be doing you good.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to be back. Hoping to kick start things a bit hopefully. The change of schedule always throws me off but I am hoping to not give into it this year. That is the thing I have noticed most since losing the weight....those bleachers are even more uncomfortable. My tailbone hurts even when I use a pillow to sit on.

The medical just kind of snow balled. I started having dizzy spells and went to the dr for it. I have several thyroid nodules and have for years and now suddenly they decided to grow. Did more biopsies and testing -still benign. Then I found a lump in my breast so that resulted in more testing. Going in every 3 months now to have everything checked out and make sure there are no changes. Basically wait and see before they decide whether or not to remove. Lots of stress but no imminent problems... what was the saying about getting rid of all the mud and rust on the car to see what problems are underneath?

Funny thing about the pants is I buy new exercise clothes as soon as they get loose it is all the ones that I wear in public that are falling down...that is kind of messed up but I don't want to buy any new shorts at the end of the season and not quite cool enough for jeans so I suffer in silence. I have been taking measurements and in the last 3 months since I really started running I have gone down 3 inches in my waist and 6 inches in my hips :o ! Not as much in the other areas but my legs are definitely more muscular rather than floppy now. Between the biking and running I have gotten lots of compliments on how nice they look :blush: . Apparently as I have gotten smaller the smaller losses are more noticeable since with school starting up there are a lot of people I haven't seen in 3 months that are doing double takes.

• kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kai and I'm back to MFP. I live in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I just finished chemo in June and I'm working on building up my stamina. My eating plan is just limiting calories.

I'm married to my best friend and we'll celebrate 24 years together this year. He and our son help me a lot since I found out I had leukemia. I'm in remission and feeling stronger everyday.

I'm going to the gym for cardio three times a week and recently I've added a walk to my week too.

I'm a book-a-holic so one of my toughest battles is putting the book down and moving myself. I wish being active was more of a priority to me.

I'm not at my heaviest, but I'm still over 300 lbs. I worked to hard surviving cancer to die because I'm not taking care of myself.

It's nice meeting everyone.

Kai
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Welcome Kai!!! Jump right in.