Friday 8/28 Discussions!

Options
Eles697
Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
I don't have much to say right now, but thought I'd get started. Today my plan is to go for a hike! It is taking all my willpower to get everyone dressed and ready to go....but it will help me gain more steps (on my Garmin vivofit). Please come and be friends with me so I don't have to keep talking to myself??

Replies

• Eles697
    Options
    I see other members! But no one talking to me... I will keep talking to myself until someone shows me some love....
  • SCJ10
    SCJ10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey (: Today my goal is to get in a walk at the park after lunch with my girl. I'm going to try to make that a habit for us, until it gets too cold out at least (:
  • Eles697
    Options
    Welcome here SCJ10. I was starting to think I would become a crazy baby lay who talks to herself online. We are going right now to hike a bit in the mountains (we live near Shenandoah). I'm hoping baby poop does not attract bears...
  • SCJ10
    SCJ10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm in Tennessee. (: I love hiking in the mountains though it has been awhile. I've kind of lost myself in my mothering and am trying to learn how to be me and a mommy rather than Just Mommy. So I've kind of only been doing baby things for awhile. We are going walking in the park today after she wakes up. Hopefully some of this wonderful fresh air will jumpstart my brain. (:
  • Eles697
    Options
    Yeah, it's tougher with the babies for sure. I find a 5 hour energy gets me off my butt and using my baby bjorn for the little one while the older ones (4 and will be 3 next month) walk works fine. We are in VA.
  • panda8294
    panda8294 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 2 and a half month old :) my plan for today is to clean the house because I'm having company later lol. No work out for me today
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow moms!

Today I'm gonna try to avoid late-night snacking! It's my downfall. I feel like I constantly need to fuel my body for energy these days too, and I've been craving sweets and CHOCOLATE!
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    SCJ10 wrote: »
    Thanks I'm in Tennessee. (: I love hiking in the mountains though it has been awhile. I've kind of lost myself in my mothering and am trying to learn how to be me and a mommy rather than Just Mommy. So I've kind of only been doing baby things for awhile. We are going walking in the park today after she wakes up. Hopefully some of this wonderful fresh air will jumpstart my brain. (:

I completely agree with needing to find a balance between being a mommy and being yourself. I'm right there with you :)
  • Eles697
    Options
    We are back from our "hike" in the mountains. With three small kids and 1 adult it is really just a slow walk and pray no one breaks anything or finds s snake or bear to play with.

It felt nice logging something! I haven't logged food yet because I'm afraid if I start eating that I won't stop! Gotta eat something though....
  • Eles697
    Options
    I swear I don't spend all day on forums, but since I'm trying to get some members, I want to keep it active here (I'm pretty sure some lady talking to herself will make all the peoples want to join!). Now I'm gonna go for a swim. As it will be with my 4 yo it won't do much exercise-wise, but I've got a pool, I might as well use it!
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My plan was to survive. I survived! I also did the first day of level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, which was... hard. I feel pathetic and weak, but I know that I need to get it done. I expect to be doing this again after 30 days, because I'm so horribly out of shape.

The oldest (3.5, special needs) did pretty well today but discovered he could lean over the edge of the loveseat to reach his toys. Needless to say, when my back was turned, he did this and fell - into the fireplace. He now has skid marks all over his back and cried hard. For the first time, though, he didn't want me to comfort him. He wanted his daddy. Who is at work. Heartbreaking! No more love for Mommy! :( He had to make do.

The little one (10 months) keeps biting the crap out of my extremities. She's got 2 teeth partially erupted and another glistening white nub just beneath the gum. Which is why my plan is simply to survive.

How is everyone loving this back to school stuff?!?! DS started preschool and is loving it, which is heartbreaking and awesome at the same time.
  • Eles697
    Options
    @PandaBWA - sounds like a fun?-filled day. As for school I am getting depressed. My oldest just turned 4 and I am not doing preschool for her because I want to be able to go places and do things without worrying about her school, but in just one year, she will be going and it will be terrible.
    I wrk full time but my schedule is such that I'm home lots of days and it won't be the same without my baby!
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a 3 1/2 year old. Lost 60lbs 6 months after having him. Just had my Second son, he's 7 weeks old I go back to work in a week :( and I can't seem to shake the baby weight off one bit... single mom, work full time starting in a week, needing motivation to keep moving forward with everything.. stressful life brings horrible eating habits :(
  • Eles697
    Options
    Hey! I have a 3 1/2 year old. Lost 60lbs 6 months after having him. Just had my Second son, he's 7 weeks old I go back to work in a week :( and I can't seem to shake the baby weight off one bit... single mom, work full time starting in a week, needing motivation to keep moving forward with everything.. stressful life brings horrible eating habits :(

Welcome! My youngest was born 7/10/15. This pregnancy has definitely been the hardest to get the weight off. I figure it is mainly because I am an old woman now!
  • katherinegrace88
    katherinegrace88 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Does anybody else on here use the bikini body mommy challenge?x
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else on here use the bikini body mommy challenge?x

I was going to, but I went with the 30 Day Shred. I intend to try BBM at some point though.