September challenge???

NewSue52
NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
August is almost over. What is the plan for September?

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Sugar-free September?

Sweetener-free September?

I definitely need to sign up to the second one. The first one is harder because of lactose sugar in milk, dairy etc so I always end up with a few grams a day.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Sugar-free September?

Sweetener-free September?

I definitely need to sign up to the second one. The first one is harder because of lactose sugar in milk, dairy etc so I always end up with a few grams a day.

I like that idea.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    For me, personally, it'll be Simple September.

I'm going to take an opportunity, while my husband's away for a couple weeks, to eat two hard boiled eggs and strips of bacon in the morning and nothing but meat for my other meals. Cold brew coffee tastes better than normal brew when had black, so I'm even going to try and cut out all dairy.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    glossbones wrote: »

I'm going to take an opportunity, while my husband's away for a couple weeks, to eat two hard boiled eggs and strips of bacon in the morning and nothing but meat for my other meals. Cold brew coffee tastes better than normal brew when had black, so I'm even going to try and cut out all dairy.

That's a great idea. I also agree, cold brew coffee is so good.. Especially for iced coffee.
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Is Splenda included in this? I only take Splenda with tea, no sugar at all in all my meals
  • CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    Is it possible for sweeteners to make you crave sweets more? I think this is happening to me. I have 2-4 splendas a day.. depending on how many cups of coffee I have, and I find myself craving sweet stuff usually in the afternoon, or after dinner.

I am totally up for Sweetener free September.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    I think it should be each persons choice, sugar free or sweetener free. That way people can decide how strict they want to be, or run it as an intermediate/advanced challenge. You could also have a no added sugar beginner level. I personally don't pay nearly as much care to the sugar in dairy as I do to the sugar in something like salad dressing or things that shouldn't have sugar period.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Sign me up for sweetener free sept. I eat very little sugar (except for the cookie I ate last night!), but need to see how I adapt to no artificially sweetened ice tea ( arizona ginseng & other brands) and the occasional diet soda, which I know is terrible.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Scales are Stupid September!

Have a month and focus on our inches lost, our better blood pressure, better blood tests, better performance, faster times, longer walks with the kids or grandkids.

Celebrate all those other things the scale can't measure.

As someone else said to me today:

Scales are Stupid!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    glossbones wrote: »

I'm game for this. I think it would be good to cut out the few processed foods I still rely on and cook even more. They are mostly at breakfast, so this will basically mean modifying my breakfast to bacon and eggs! :) which I love.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    The simple September idea could be to pick something you want to simplify. Maybe you want to stop weighing yourself every day or for the whole month. Maybe you want to reduce sugar or artificial sweeteners. Maybe you want to cut back or cut out alcohol.
    Could be anything really. If it's something you think might be complicating things for you... Simplify.
    I think that kind of covers different ideas that have been mentioned already into one theme.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    The simple September idea could be to pick something you want to simplify. Maybe you want to stop weighing yourself every day or for the whole month. Maybe you want to reduce sugar or artificial sweeteners. Maybe you want to cut back or cut out alcohol.
    Could be anything really. If it's something you think might be complicating things for you... Simplify.
    I think that kind of covers different ideas that have been mentioned already into one theme.

Simple September works for me.

• giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Scales are Stupid September!

Have a month and focus on our inches lost, our better blood pressure, better blood tests, better performance, faster times, longer walks with the kids or grandkids.

Celebrate all those other things the scale can't measure.

As someone else said to me today:

Scales are Stupid!

Love this idea. It would be a real challenge for me to step away from the scales.
  • KittensMaster
    edited August 2015
    My scale swing was 8.6 pounds in two days

I know it was water loss on 40 mile ride, then water gain being sore all over

The scale can flip you out if not taken in context

To me that fits in keeping it simple

If the jeans fit good and t shirt arms are tight

I'm alright

• KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member

This works for me. I'll be on vacation for half of September so I'll have to simplify and adapt to whatever is available, I no longer fret as much (most days).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm thinking it would simplify my life if I didn't keep sabotaging myself with alcohol. Feeling pretty yucky this morning. Why do I do this to myself?

I might kill the daily weighing as well and just do weekly. Why obsess and drive myself mad?

Who wants to be the boss then? I'll sticky the official thread whenever it's posted.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    "Strict September" fits with a lot of the themes presented: strict on sweeteners, strictly sober, strictly simple, strictly scale-free
  • KittensMaster
    Sounds like a relationship thing

Strict September!

There will be spankings...

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    1397781849681.jpg
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Oh Lawd, you all made Takei come out... :lol:

Anyway...

Vote on Simple vs. Strict September, and I'll post the thread if no one else wants to.
    Annnnnd....GO.