GTKY Saturday 8/29

Options
Eles697
Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
How long have you been actively trying to lose weight (...this time)?

Why do you think you have failed losing weight on the past?

Do you have home gym equipment, go to the gym, or just use videos or apps/online programs for exercise?

Are you married?

Planning more pregnancies?

Replies

• Eles697
    Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Just since yesterday but on and off really since the last couple of weeks of pregnancy (baby is almost 8 weeks)

I usually fail because I have one bad day and it tastes so good that I want more bad days...

Do you have home gym equipment, go to the gym, or just use videos or apps/online programs for exercise?
    have an elliptical and a bowflex in my basement and a pool and live near Shenandoah National park so lots of trails to choose from.

Are you married?
    I have been married for almost 6 years.

I would have more mainly because I like being pregnant and have had it so easy, by my husband is older than I am and has another child and wants no more of this baby thing (he is really good with the kids though) and is getting clipped not month. Sad.
  • talpilon
    talpilon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How long have you been actively trying to lose weight?
    I started in March 2013 and had lost a good chunk of weight, but then our wedding, honeymoon and Christmas happened, so I gained some back :(

Why do you think you have failed losing weight in the past?
    I just gave up and was tired of counting - plus there were a lot of stressors (trying for baby #2 right now)

I just bought CIZE from Beachbody and am doing the 8wk program that comes with it. I'm loving it so far :)

Are you married?
    Yup, going to be a year on September 27th.

Yup, currently trying for #2
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Two weeks.

Eh, boredom and getting "close enough". Also just not having motivation.

Videos and a couple light dumbbells.

Are you married?

Yep!

Someday. Not now. :)
  • wifeyolivarez
    wifeyolivarez Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is also my 3rd. This time I have been trying to lose weight for a whopping 2 weeks.
    I have failed losing weight in the past because I always fall back to horrible eating patterns and laziness.
    I do workouts off of youtube and pinterest.
    Married-ish. We are currently seperated. No more plans of kids.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Eles697 wrote: »

Are you married?

I've been losing since my baby was 3 weeks old. I started tracking again on MFP (logged until I went a few days overdue, so had a 4 week break) and exercised from 6.5 weeks post partum. I exercised until 38 weeks pregnant.

I haven't failed losing weight. I've always lost when I've put the effort in. I find if I exercise then I don't have to do much else, as I generally eat pretty healthily and always have done. I just gain in pregnancy real easily.

I go to the gym, and do a circuits class which is separate from my gym too.

I'm married, we've been married 7 years now.

I'm 37 so I doubt we'll have more. I'd love to have another, but I don't think I want to become a mum again at 39/40.
  • katherinegrace88
    katherinegrace88 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    40 days I've lost 10.8lbs
    I gave myself a cheat week over Christmas turns out that cheat week ended up being a cheat 5/6months
    I use the bikini body mommy challenge and do 30minutes HIIT a day joining the gym in three weeks when my three lovelies starts school again after summer
    I live with my three children and my boyfriend (which I met on this app
  • katherinegrace88
    katherinegrace88 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
  • SCJ10
    SCJ10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

This time about two days...

Pretty much everything in life I'm good for about two weeks and then slip back into old habits.

I have turbo fire, brazillian butt lift, and hip hop abs just depends on what mood im in (:

Are you married?

Im in.a committed relationship of nine years and dont ever plan on marriage. Just not my thing. He agrees (:

Just took a -negative- test today. Something just felt off so thought I would check. Hopefully baby 2 comes when my girl is at least two years old (:
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SCJ10 wrote: »

This time about two days...

Pretty much everything in life I'm good for about two weeks and then slip back into old habits.

I have turbo fire, brazillian butt lift, and hip hop abs just depends on what mood im in (:

Are you married?

Im in.a committed relationship of nine years and dont ever plan on marriage. Just not my thing. He agrees (:

Just took a -negative- test today. Something just felt off so thought I would check. Hopefully baby 2 comes when my girl is at least two years old (:

I just took a negative test too! Hahaha
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been actively trying to lose weight for 3 days.

I've tried to lose weight in the past but failed because I always put exercise and eating healthy last. I also haven't quite figured out how to stay positive and diet so I tend to be very critical of myself and I honestly get tired of that voice because otherwise I'm a very positive person. Kind of a id rather be fat and happy than skinny and unhappy. :-) I'm hoping being a group with other positive moms will be the difference maker this time.

I like to go to the gym for yoga classes. I also like waking outside. I even liked a spin class I took. Kicked my butt but felt like over time it would be a class I enjoyed.

I'm married for 5 years

I'm 37 but we are still in discussions on having one more. We will decide next year. Either way, I'd like to lose at least 75 pounds by this time next year.