Holding myself accountable this time

Options
anwar26
anwar26 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Nice posts guys. Might be unnecessary to start a new post, but this is to hold myself accountable this time as I've yoyo'd in the past and looking for permanent changes this time. Sorry in advance.

I'm on day 6 of ETL. I've done it before and put it all back on due to being arrogant when I started getting attention from chicks again ahhahaha (sad truth). I've lost around 1.5kg in 5 days and it's not all water weight thankfully. I'm travelling in 12 weeks so want to achieve some basic goals before then. My aim this time:

1. lose the chunky belly fat and to have a flat stomach, I've estimated that's around 12KG minimum (from the initial 80kg down to 68kg - I'm 5 foot 8 inches, possibly 9.. around 176-178cm)
2. to stick to a workout routine I enjoy. I used to force myself in the gym but I found it too egotistical and stopped after getting relatively in shape. This time I'm doing beginners bodyweight training at home, just 15 minutes 4 times a week. Enjoying it so far and I can even do it on holiday! no equipment necessary. I don't want to be huge just toned. Lots of room for making it more intense when I'm stronger too. I take quick 30 minute walks when I can and try to be more social even it means not eating while in restaurants with friends. I just explain that I'm on a diet.
3. To regain that glow I used to have and have higher energy levels

I did a 36 hour water fast before starting ETL plan this time to get used to mental hunger cravings. After a few hours the hunger went completely so I knew my problem is mainly emotional eating. It also shrunk my stomach a bit I'm satiated a lot faster on about 850 calories a day! amazing.. I can eat 1500-2000 but would be so hard with all the lovely fibre on this program. My plan is to add nuts alongside the flax to up the calories for maintenance when I hit the ideal weight (currently only taking flax as recommended for faster weight loss or for people who have stubborn weight loss). Maybe also some grains on the side to reach maintenance calories in the future.

I'm on 1 medication for life it seems unfortunately. Tried every vegan/holistic cure out there first but always ended up destroyed afterwards. I've accepted that I have to live with it and just have to eat lots of detoxifying foods to balance it out. I'm fortunate compared to others with the condition so not going to complain. Had I been born in other lesser developed countries or another century it's likely I would not be here now. So I'm grateful. It's a socially misunderstood thing and different cultures handle it differently.

Also, drinking 1-2 green teas a day, as it's anti-angiogenic and will help with weight loss, adds to the already good antioxidant load of this food plan, and for some reason my skin looks 5 years younger when I drink it daily for a few weeks.

Currently eating:

Breakfast: large spinach/berries/flax smoothie (raw)
Lunch: extra large salad + 1-2 fruits (raw)
Dinner: beans/onions/mushrooms with other veg in a sauce + 1-2 fruits (cooked)
- No dairy, no meat, no oil, no processed

It's not 100% perfect, but it worked in the past and so far so good. Also, if I'm not hungry, I skip a meal. No need to force it. I'm drinking ONLY water (apart from the green tea on the side). My main priority is the G-BOMBS everyday if possible. I'd say I'm doing that 80%. Using only things like balsamic vinegar in salad, or ground thyme with sesame seeds for flavouring (Lebanese favourite). Occasionally I add a vegetable stock in the cooking, it's not as clean as Fuhrman's one for sure but overall it makes the meals more edible so it's for the greater good I guess.

Wish you all the best of luck with whatever your desires/goals are, will update from time to time until the 12 weeks are up and I hope to read your cool posts as well. I'm going to make my profile public now if anyone cares to check it out.

See you soon!

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,948 Member
    Options
    Hi Anwar! Sounds like you're off to a great start. It's usually pretty quiet here on the weekends, but the regulars will be back around during the week. It is pretty amazing how full you get when you only eat high nutrient foods, isn't it? I'm in week 4 of doing the 6 week plan, trying to get rid of a rather alarming jump on the scale. I look forward to hearing about your progress, and feel free to jump into the monthly thread as well as updating this one if you want.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Welcome Anwar

Sounds like you are doing great so far. Looking forward to seeing you on the board.
  • anwar26
    anwar26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Nice to meet you

You're right Mihani it's so weird being full off of little amounts. I'm going toilet 3 times a day minimum hahahhaha. I always look at it proudly after as if I've conquered something :p (too much information?). It's day 11 and I've gone over 80kg down to 76.6kg. I might increase my calories by adding nuts as recommended as this is too fast. Don't worry about the jump on the scale if you're eating calories below your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) you WILL lose weight (even if it was eating junk, which we know isn't healthiest way). A couple of jumps happened to me too I noticed it was both water weight and food in my body which was registering the weight. Eventually it comes off and the scale shows the "real" number. What are you eating? Are you exercising? What are you drinking?

MakePeasNotWar thanks so much. Happy to find a community to share with finally. It's hard to find ETL communities online so this was a pleasant surprise :)