Advice, please!

Options
2»

Replies

• MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I second picking a diff valid weigh in day. I always have a big loss day after cardio which I have always chalked up to dehydration bc a- its usually 2lbs b- it doesnt stick.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I decided to do my weigh ins on a rest day, since I take Sat. and Sun off except for my daily steps. I consider Sun. my weigh in day, helps control Friday and Sat. indulgences as well.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I decided to do my weigh ins on a rest day, since I take Sat. and Sun off except for my daily steps. I consider Sun. my weigh in day, helps control Friday and Sat. indulgences as well.

I weight in on Monday morning for that reason.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Fri and Sat indulgences?

Is this a new ice cream I've not heard of, or more than ice cream?

:p
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    bahahahah--- I know!

I actually don't have any good consistent weigh-in days. Sat/Sun/Mon my sodium is usually making me retain water. Other days my muscles are often in recovery from either cardio or strength training. So my day changes from week to week. I just try to pick the one where it seems like I am most rested and have the least water retention.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Fri and Sat indulgences?

For me it is not ice cream, not my thing. I'm in Manda's camp, salt, give me salty crunchy stuff, I can eat that stuff all day and night >:) .
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Fri and Sat indulgences?

For me it is not ice cream, not my thing. I'm in Manda's camp, salt, give me salty crunchy stuff, I can eat that stuff all day and night >:) .

Mmmmm.. so true!
  • Mindylee143
    Mindylee143 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Back for a little update, and some more help from you guys! I'm kind of feeling lost, and like I'm doing something wrong.

I started my reset eating estimated TDEE of 2300 (according to Scooby, moderate activity level) on August 1st. I weigh in on Thursdays, and my weigh-ins have looked like this:

August 6 170.8
    August 13 167.4 (I weighed in the 160s that entire week)
    August 20 171.2
    August 27 174.8

Looks to me that I'm heading in the wrong direction here, since I'm seeing a pretty steady increase. I did a 6 week reset earlier this summer, and attempted a cut (at 1800 cal) for 2 weeks (which didn't go well) so I decided to reset for a longer time frame...Shouldn't my weight be more leveled out by now? So I went and plugged in my info in heybales' TDEE only spreadsheet and got a TDEE of 2049. So I'm thinking that Scooby possibly overestimated my caloric needs??? Should I start eating around 2000 now and see what happens?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    About 250 cal extra daily would be 1 lb every 2 week gain - plus any water weight stuff going on, which was big increase.

Scooby only has big blocks of suggestions - I wouldn't be surprised if the spreadsheet estimate is still between levels on the 5 rough levels.

And that's the whole point if a rough estimate is used - might be wrong way - need to adjust and spend more time testing.

If honest with daily activity level, and used actual average times in the exercise section (like 3-4 x weekly 60 min is 3.5 x 60, not 3 x 60), then I'd go with better estimate that actually takes in to consideration different types of workouts.

And indeed it shouldn't take weight much to level out depending on how you got to even an exact potential TDEE.
    The water weight from extra carbs is taken care of within first 2 weeks, unless workout changes or gets more intense or longer endurance, then more increase of glucose stores.
    Other than that is a suppressed daily burn speeding up slowly to match the eating level - so for some period of time really are eating in surplus and gaining fat.
    But even that won't be that much, maybe 500 surplus slowly getting lower to nothing. Unless estimated TDEE is higher than reality, then you'd keep gaining.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    That one week jump of 3 lbs is not fat gain. Fast gain is water gain. I think you should keep going for more than these few weeks. My guess is that most of this is water weight.