New to surgery and the group!

Options
Hi all! My name is Laura and I just had the sleeve surgery on 8/24/15. I'm 20 years old, 5'7" and weighed 324.8 lbs on the date of my surgery. I'm 4 days out and have lost 8 lbs, which has pushed my BMI under 50 for the first time in a few years! My goal weight is around 150, and I would love to find some friends to be on this journey with. :)

Replies

• krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura. Welcome to the group! I'm in the pre-op stage and I will hopefully be getting the RNY procedure around January. Feel free to friend me :smile:
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I had RNY in January. You'll find a lot of great support here!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had my sleeve on 8/10/15. Almost 3 weeks out and I feel so much better than week 1. Still trying to get a handle on eating quantities for my stomach. Especially since liquids register different from solids.

Good for you, LauraAshley95, for getting a handle on this as a young adult! I was 40 before I decided to face my weight issues, and 54 when I got the surgery. I want to be healthy old. Now I kind of regret not starting younger. (But still, wouldn't change my life!) Feel free to friend me, as we're at pretty close places in this journey.
  • LauraAshley95
    LauraAshley95 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful messages and friendships!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 8/4/15. It's definitely a journey that goes better with friends. Feel free to add me.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to a healthier you. I'm still a couple of months away from surgery, but the support I've gotten from everyone in the group has been wonderful. So far I'm down 30 lbs from the pre-diet. Feel free to friend me!
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenean. Just found this site in the nick of time. Sleeve surgery scheduled in less than 2 weeks. Feeling the nerves starting to kick in. Nice to read the encouraging posts.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Jenean52, feel free to friend me, too. This is a hard and exciting time! Although the time does go fast, that durn liquid diet (4 weeks for me) sure got to me! Got to move to pureed this week and "mashable" on Tuesday. Whoot!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenean. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome, new folks! This is such a great group. I was sleeved back in February. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • Sherbst46
    Sherbst46 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good luck!! I'm still in the pre stage...should be having sleeve surgery in November... :)
    Feel free to add me!!