Before and after pics

Options
rpyle111
rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
I am coming up on a golf weekend, a trip I look forward to every year. As part of the preparation, the host put up a link to some pics from the weekend in 2011. Some ugly pics of me! I'm posting a couple of these with ones taken this spring! The comparison really astounded me. Part of me doesn't remember how ugly my body had become, and part of me still feels like that fat guy. It's a weird headspace for sure!

ffsb1elw6o0k.jpg
d2joaw4sr1ub.jpg
bxv0zjz0vjc8.jpg

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Wow! what a difference! You look great!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing to see! Congrats on that incredible loss. I'm so happy for you!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is such an amazing change..such a huge difference! Way to go!
  • gardendoc
    gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. Tees and greens
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I can totally understand the head game of thinking you're still at your original size, I struggle with it too. You've done the work, and you're reaping the rewards and quality of life from it. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You have come a long way and look fantastic (but you were never ugly)! Cheers for improved health and feeling great :-)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    amazing job. are you sure those are "before" of you? just kidding, keep up the good work. I know you're in maintenance now, so use those as motivation when you get those thoughts of eating anything and everything
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW!!! What a superb transformation!!!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    WOW! Are you sure those pictures are all yours? You look like a totally different person. Amazing job. Have a wonderful time during golf weekend.
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Thanks, all! When I clicked on the pictures, I was startled to see myself again like that. One of those things where I 'know' that's what I looked like, but wasn't expecting to see it when I clicked on those pictures!

I am glad now that I have never been totally camera-shy, so that I have plenty of 'befores' floating around to hopefully reinforce my commitment if and when it becomes difficult.

All of you can get there, too! Keep working the plan and have faith!

Rob
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Rob, that is so encouraging and impressive. I hope there are some people there you've not seen for a while so you can shock the heck out of them. I've only seen your headshot before in your avatar when you post, so this is great to see your full pic. Thanks for posting!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see these on the PC at work, forgot my IPad now let's me into the boards, so seeing these for the first time. All I can say is WOW! I wouldn't know it was the same guy! You have done so well!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You have reclaimed your life, and that is always beautiful. I don't think you were "ugly" before, but just look at the freedom of movement and how much more you're able to do in your changed body--that is *amazing*!

I just posted my one year photos and my children were just astounded--they already had forgotten what I'd looked like before. So had I, in some ways. The weirdest thing is that "brain me" hasn't really changed very much and I still feel like I inhabit that body sometimes, even though now I'm far more free and even athletic.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wonderful transformation! I always enjoy reading how active you are!
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options

I just posted my one year photos and my children were just astounded--they already had forgotten what I'd looked like before. So had I, in some ways. The weirdest thing is that "brain me" hasn't really changed very much and I still feel like I inhabit that body sometimes, even though now I'm far more free and even athletic.

My kids keep doing the same. They don't recognize me in older pics!
  • Keikix3
    Keikix3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think you're cute both ways. How was your golf swing before vs now?
  • ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! :) I hope you enjoyed your trip and the freedom that loosing the excess weight brings.
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Back at this tournament this year and after ten years I won it! odvh2dnkoxsa.jpg
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Whooopppp!!! Now THAT is a NSV for the record book!!!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be too mean, but does being able see your feet help? by the way, congrats on being in another winner's circle