Jaygirl OMAD starting 22 Aug 2015

jaygirl3
jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
I have one OMAD before....and lost weight on it. So i am more than willing to start again. I currently relocated and so i havent been working for the past threee months, and have gained some weight. Starting OMAD today at 193.0lbs. I plan to do this along with a 45 minute cardio workout about 5times a week. Will be updating my progress here to keep me accountable. Serious about it this time!!!!

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi,

Keep that cardio extremely light. You'll do it. You've seen it can work. All you've got to keep is your goal in mind.

Super welcome!
  • jaygirl3
    Thank you! Day 1 went very fine yesterday. Noticed headache towards evening when i was ready to break my fast though. Apart form that was strong through out.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Hi as well! I second the exercise-light plan, it is easier to stick with the plan if you don't suddenly demand a whole bunch of energy from your body for exercise when it is already reeling from reduced intake.

Disclaimer: I am exercising. Running and calisthenics. I realize I sound a bit hypocritical telling you it is a bad idea, but it really is. The days that I work out are the hardest days to stick with only eating once and one plate. Waaayyy easier to do when I just stick with my usual routine. BUT, I have a specific target test for fitness to hit mid-September, and exercise is the only thing that will help me hit it. If I fail the test, it will be back to basic OMAD until I weigh a lot less.

You can do this!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Welcome Jaygirl!!
  • jaygirl3
    One week update here. I am down to 186.6 lbs. Approximatelya bout 7lbs lost the first week and i am happy with it. Going on to see how much i lose this week. I had some issues with peanut butter last week......eating about 6 to 8 tablespoons of peanut butter with each meal...I have a peanut butter weakness. Anyway i am not buying any this week and the next so hoping to continue with the loss this week! thanks
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Great job!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    jaygirl3 wrote: »
    One week update here. I am down to 186.6 lbs. Approximatelya bout 7lbs lost the first week and i am happy with it. Going on to see how much i lose this week. I had some issues with peanut butter last week......eating about 6 to 8 tablespoons of peanut butter with each meal...I have a peanut butter weakness. Anyway i am not buying any this week and the next so hoping to continue with the loss this week! thanks

That's a GREAT starting loss. As losses slow, don't get discouraged. Slow loss is good loss. But you appear to be off to a bang! I, too, worship peanut butter. The stuff really is great. And hey--nothing wrong with portioning that out however often you'd like it with your daily meal!