August - JUST DO IT!

Options
124»

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Lovely day down here in the South. Low humidity...always a plus . : ) I have been slacking on the exercise this week again...once I get out of the habit it is so hard to start it back...but I WILL.

still playing with my numbers for fasting blood glucose. I can see where I have high numbers when I eat carbs at night and lower numbers when I have mainly no carbs at dinner, but I can not seem to practice that info when eating away from home... still a work in progress. lol

Oh!! Young Son brought home his
    Sweetie from Pennsylvania this week...she is adorable!! They have only known each other a month, but they are so cute together...like two little puppies playing and yapping together.

Hoping everyone heals up from surgeries and non surgery issues.... and has a wonderful weekend!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Love the picture, Snoozie!

So nice that you are getting on with your son's girlfriend, Gail. I bet it's good to see him happy!

It's a bank holiday this weekend over here in the UK - hope everybody has a lovely weekend!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon dear Hatters. Wanted to drop in to give a brief progress report on my husband Bob's surgery. It has been quite a bear for both of us and extremely painful for poor Bob, but it is only 5 days after his surgery. Usually when one has surgery, one is supposed to rest and mend, but not with this. They sent a Physical Therapist into his room the very day of his surgery and sent him home the next afternoon! And even though he is in pain and on strong painkillers, he has to get up and walk around the house with his walker every 30 minutes to an hour, bear weight on his left leg which causes him "excruciating pain", and go to PT three times a week and do many hip and leg exercises at home twice a day. It's been really rough on him.

5q4l7fy52b4l.jpg

I can't say this has been easy on me either, to be honest, and I have a new admiration for all care givers.

obfx4dwwer50.jpg

It's going to be a long six weeks, but this too shall pass, and in the end, if he cooperates and does all his PT, which he is making an effort to do after some encouragement and pep talks, he will have a grand working hip and be able to stand up straight and walk without a limp for the first time since his fall of 40 feet 44 years ago!

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm glad he's recovering, although it does sound like a lot of work! And painful :(. Is there maybe a different painkiller he could take before exercising? It must be difficult doing it if he's in such pain. Hopefully he's over the worst of it.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Susan - so glad to hear the surgery went well; not so glad to hear about the pain... can only imagine!! You're gonna be switching out uniforms from nurse to cheerleader every few minutes - so you're gonna be pretty darn tired yourself getting Bob thru his recovery.. hugs to both and loved the pics LOLOLOL!!!
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear the hip surgery is progressing - even if it is Not Fun right now. You are right, he will be so happy he did this in a couple of months -- until then, Good luck!

Can anyone else believe that tomorrow is September!!!??? Say What? Just where did August go? That Just Do It thing I had going in my mind, will sort of stayed in my mind and didn't make it out to actually do!

My goal for September is Survival! Starting this Sunday relatives will be coming in from far and wide to converge on the farm for our daughter's wedding, September 12 ....I (along with my mom and sister who are flying in from CA) will be cooking and feeding close to 100 people Friday afternoon, Saturday noon and twice on Sunday - then they should all start trickling away again. then I will only have to feed about 15-20 for a few days. I'm happy to say the groom's parents are having Friday evening rehearsal dinner catered and of course, Saturday evening is catered for the reception.... shewie. My folks fly back to CA on September 22 - last ones to leave the farm. I'm keeping my thoughts centered on September 23 :p

I hope that everyone can have a great September!! Walk, Drink Water, Eat Right, Lots of Sleep, Exercise.... all those fun things!!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    WDWELE.... I was trying to make an acronym out of your "walk drink eat" goals but in writing it looks too close to "waddle" LOL.. and I am starting to feel like I am waddling a LOT lately and not in the cute duck way!

I'm not going to lie, just reading about your next few weeks made me feel a little faint LOL.. I think you should have added " and sanity" to the survival goal too! Good luck and if you need a moment away to vent come here, we'll offer a glass of wine and a safe haven LOL! Can't believe it's September tomorrow... blech! I'm on vacay this week my last of the year and at least the forecast is for an awesome sunny week so I refuse to accept summer is coming to a close.. :D

My goal for September is to lose weight. That's it, just lose weight.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    OWR- cooking for 100 people?!?! How the heck does one do that ?? You certainly do have your hands full. Survival and Snooozie's addition of sanity sound like very appropriate goals!

And I'm with both OWR and Snooozie- my goal for September is to lose weight while NOT losing my sanity!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    OWR , I'm with Snoozie, I had to take a break just reading all that you will be cooking and for how many...and read it again. Wishing you energy for all that..I know it will be over before you know it!

Seehe , best wishes sent to you both, and yes, it is almost worse for the caregiver...