INtroduce yourself

Options

Replies

• Ajirvin
    Ajirvin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Ashley! I had a baby back in February and still haven't lost all of my baby weight. I'm 175 (always fluctuates between 170-176) and i need to lose 20 to get back to my previous weight. My long term goal is to get down to 125-130. I recently got my cholesterol checked in an effort to start being more healthy, and the doctor said that my cholesterol is a little high. Since my Health comes first before eating everything in sight, I'm forced to have a healthy eating lifestyle. I didn't have a problem eating healthy before, I just cheated more than I should. My problem is exercise. With the baby, I get so lazy- so I can really use the motivation! I told my husband that he needs to help, and he says he will, but he doesn't see anything wrong with me so he doesn't think to actually do it.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Melissa. I'm 33, working mom of 2, married. I've been on and off this site for years but now I have to lose weight for health reasons. Was recently diagnosed with idiopathic intercranial hypertention. The most worrying complication is going blind. So I have to lose weight to save my vision. It's been going well so far, I've already lost 20lbs this year and would like to keep it going with a challenge :)

Stats:
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 248
    CW:224.5
    UGW:150
  • esl00025
    esl00025 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi ..My name is Erica and I am a mom of 2.. It's been 15 months since my son was born and here I am still off and on the fitness wagon... But I am taking charge now so here I am. I am 28 and weigh 149Lbs & stand 5ft 2.5 inches tall. My goal is 130 for now. So over feeling uncomfortable in my skin.
  • sassymedic1426
    sassymedic1426 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Devon, I lost 60 lbs in 2011 when I first joined and gained it all back, then some. I decided to restart my journey. Started at 301 this month, the first time I've ever been over 300. This weeks weight is 295. My GW is 170. I did the 20 down by_____ challenges in 2011 and the motivation and excitement of the challenge helped a lot. Looking forward to good times and weight gone! :) As a paramedic I need to help myself so I can better help others.
  • judyt5000
    judyt5000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Judy, and I was at my goal with WW about 6 years ago. Since then I have gained about 40 lbs and hate every day that I don't lose. I tend to be a closet eater, so I struggle with food a lot. I also have difficult times logging my food everyday. I usually do fine for breakfast snacks and lunch. Its when I get home I tend to graze and then throw in the towel. I need motivation and support to get back to a healthy start.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all. I'm Jessi. Ive got a fair bit of weight to lose 15kgs or so. I'm moving countries in 3 weeks, United Arab Emirates to Switzerland and I'm joining a challenge because stressful situations usually mean I gain weight! 20lbs by Christmas would put me very close to my goals :)
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Audrey and I currently live in Sasebo, Japan. I'm in the US Navy and will be stationed here for another couple of years. I've been on and off MFP for several years, going up and down in weight. But recently I've gotten really close to not passing my weigh-ins for the Navy which has given me a little extra motivation. I re-started at the end of spring/beginning of summer at 178 lbs (5'3"). I'm currently 167.2 and hoping to get down to 150 by Christmas :)
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cassie. I live in Missouri, US and have struggled with my weight my whole life. A wake up call/ kick in the butt for me was when I hit the same weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant again after I had my son. My son is now 4 years old and I am already enjoying my ongoing weight loss that is helping me keep up with his energy. This challenge will put me so close to my ultimate goal weight I can taste it and will be excited to get something sexy to wear for my birthday dinner in January.
  • kigeliakitten
    kigeliakitten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Cindy. I have gained every pound I lost due to prednisone bursts. I would love to lose 20 pounds by Christmas!
  • EmilyKaminsky
    EmilyKaminsky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emily. I have three boys under 8, our family just moved to another state, and I work full-time (and graduate school part-time). The stress and lack of sleep stirred my inner eater; for 4-5 months I gained almost twenty pounds. I was 130 and grew to 150. My doc said I better do something fast. I started using MFP; food journaling is the only thing that keep me honest and mindful. I need a community of people to keep me on track, though. To help, I just joined a gym as weather in New England will turn soon. My goal is to get back to my 130 by December.
  • summerstate
    summerstate Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm about to turn 30 with the next few weeks and starting a new job that will allow me to be a lot more flexible with my time (a lot less commuting). I yo-yo'd for a while, but when I was able to take the time, I have lost and maintained the loss. Life threw a few curve balls and I gained back some of the weight I lost (HW 181, LW 141... maintained 141-148 for a couple years)... lately I can't stop bouncing between 157 and 160. I would be nice to be back on track and losing those pounds and keeping them off for good! If I lose just over 1lb/week I'll be back at 140 and happy and healthy moving into the new year... new great things are on the horizon.

Best of luck to all of us!!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I was in this group for the Easter challenge and then maintained my weight from April - July. I'm back at it again and hoping to bring in my goal weight by December. I started at 159lbs last November and I hope to be at 130lbs a year later, currently I'm at 141 lbs. Goodluck!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jennifer. I have been on MFP for about 5 years on and off. I am currently 179 lbs and would love to get to 130 lbs. 20 lbs would be a great start! I have started Paleo eating today and hope to stick with it 6 days a week with 1 cheat day per week. I have tried it before a couple years ago and did really well, but my mom got sick and emotional eating started. My husband & I have also been trying to get pregnant for 3 years and I am currently on fertility meds, so any weight loss would help. :) Feel free to add me!
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm looking forward to doing this challenge - it will be great to feel part of a team. I'm 5'4" and started MFP at a weight of 195 pounds. My current weight is 165 pounds and I would love to lose another 15 pounds by Christmas. Not sure how do-able that is, but here's hoping! Info about me... I live in Ontario, Canada, I'm married and a mom of two boys (7 and 10) who keep me VERY busy with all of the training they do in sports. I've struggled with weight my entire life and need to make a permanent change to be healthier and more active.
    Good luck everyone!!!
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi all! Melissa here, 32, married mom of 2.5 year old twins (boy/girl), and full time pediatric nurse.

I started my journey 9-18-15 (joined weight watchers at work) at 322lbs. Slowly started making a better life for myself with proper nutrition and overall being more active because of my twins. I stopped WW and began with only MFP in April 2014. No official or consistent exercise. My two year mark is coming up quickly and my goal was to be 190lbs by then. I currently weigh in at 186.6lbs. YAY. My new long-term goal is anywhere from 160-170. I feel like my ultimate goal though is body contouring surgeries due to the amount of excess skin I have which is a total bummer and very expensive.

Better life for myself and family. I have struggled since adolescence with being overweight and inched toward morbidly obese in my early 20s. I want my children to look at food differently and be able to live to their fullest.
  • eleonorose
    eleonorose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Eleonor :) Happy to join you as I need to get back on track for Xmas and lose around 20lb!
  • mlturner08
    mlturner08 Posts: 199 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello everybody!! I am Megan! I am a wife and mother to 2 beautiful little girls (7&1).

I have been on MFP off and on for awhile. I have always been able to maintain a decent weight but after my last baby I have found it so hard to lose the weight. I gained 10 pounds over the summer and now I am the heaviest I have ever been, I feel terrible.

I hope this challenge with give me that extra boost I need to get this weight off.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

I started my journey 9-18-15 (joined weight watchers at work) at 322lbs. Slowly started making a better life for myself with proper nutrition and overall being more active because of my twins. I stopped WW and began with only MFP in April 2014. No official or consistent exercise. My two year mark is coming up quickly and my goal was to be 190lbs by then. I currently weigh in at 186.6lbs. Y

You are very inspiring Melissa! Congrats on your weight loss!! And journey to get healthy!!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Hello! You all can call me Tina. I'm a very busy college student, but I'm really focusing on my health now. It's the one thing that I've always neglected unfortunately. I've been overweight all my life, and I'd like to finally experience life through a healthy body.
    Since this past summer, I've already lost almost 30 lbs, and now I have just 20 lbs more to go. Therefore, this group is actually just the perfect thing to hold me even more accountable to lose that extra 20. I have workouts planned already for the next three months, so I'm ready as ever! Good luck everyone!
  • clare_marie
    clare_marie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Clare. I'm a mum to 2 girls (2 & 8 months). I turn 30 this weekend and after some yo-yoing recently and losing my motivation, I'm not at the weight I wanted to be for my 30th. So I'm having a fresh start after the weekend and would love to manage to lose 20lb by Christmas!