Teens Meat and Greet

Options

Replies

• ingramaj1
    ingramaj1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all... I want in this group... Mainly bc my badass friend Tj said so... Lol. Im Amanda. I am wanting a fun way to be motivated to lose weight...

Goals:
    Would really like to get back into running... Would like to maintain 10-15k steps a day.

Working on motivation for more exercises

Having more energy
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    2lftab9zj18g.jpg

I did it ... and it hurt... need new sneakers for this challenge.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    thump419 wrote: »
    2lftab9zj18g.jpg

That is seriously impressive. My highest has only ever been like 17k. After 10k my knee and hip hurt so I dont go that high very often.

Hows everyone doing on the first day?
  • tj1376
    Options
    ingramaj1 wrote: »
    Hello all... I want in this group... Mainly bc my badass friend Tj said so... Lol. Im Amanda. I am wanting a fun way to be motivated to lose weight...

Goals:
    Would really like to get back into running... Would like to maintain 10-15k steps a day.

Working on motivation for more exercises

Having more energy

AJ - is that 10-15k steps every single day of the week or only a certain number of days each week?

How do you quantify motivation and energy?

And how is your mouth feeling after your nap? Having a tooth pulled is never fun.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Happy Monday! Well, traveling on day 1 of a challenge is no bueno, but did pretty good at the airports and such - only healthy snacking. Here's to hoping we've got low-cal food at dinner tonight!
    As for the show...I hope they kick it up a notch, I'm used to being on the edge of my seat and maybe had my expectations too high.
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    thump419 wrote: »
    2lftab9zj18g.jpg

That is seriously impressive. My highest has only ever been like 17k. After 10k my knee and hip hurt so I dont go that high very often.

Hows everyone doing on the first day?

Thank you. I usually log 16 to 20k a day. I try really hard to not allow myself to slack. I understand the hip pain. I had surgery on mine you years ago now.

Good luck!
  • tj1376
    Options
    How's everyone doing with their challenges?
    Options
    I've meet my goals so far this week. Today I'm bringing Sally UP and tomorrow while im at the gym I complete the fitness test
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow teens - I'm sad to say I have to take a leave of absence for at least this week and next. While doing the mile run for the fitness test I somehow hurt my foot. No obvious breaks visible in the x-ray today, so the doc sent me home in a boot and some meds with the promise to schedule an MRI next week if it's not noticeably better by Tuesday. Hope, hope, hoping I just strained something and it's not a stress fracture. Definitely no running, but may be released to do exercise after next week. Carry on without me, at least for a little while. I'm still gonna be hanging out in this thread and will be rootin' for you guys!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Gore card is open!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Because I I left the Gore Card accidentally locked (ooops sorry) if anyone found themselves locked out yesterday, feel free to post today and we'll still accept the results until this evening.
  • Cindyinpg
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So far, 4 out of 11 of you posted that you met your goals and you lost 1 to the Horde. I will message the other 6 today and see if they are among the Missing and Presumed Eaten.
  • DavidThrash
    DavidThrash Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Im doing good,kind of scared didn't expect the the first challenge to be so difficult.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

Im doing good,kind of scared didn't expect the the first challenge to be so difficult.
    Glad you're enjoying it. You're one of only four survivors on your team, so you're rocking it!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    The members list is now updated and new challenge (s) and or attacks will be posted in the morning. If you see any errors feel free to message me.

In summary:
    22 players are Missing and Presumed Eaten.
    4 were Excused.
    First Responders did very well, followed by the Teachers.
    The Teens have only 4 surviving members.
    Zombies have 3 Missing members but gained a strong one.
    Options
    4 there's only 4 of us left :(

People look at the challenge it requires a few days to do it so we can't put it off til last minute. 2 workouts and ! must be done 3 times. NO Slacking or the teens will be no more.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Haha, we were already the smallest team. Keeping up with my personal goals and the weekly challenges is going to be difficult... but that was the whole point of my joining this - to challenge myself!
  • tj1376
    Options
    lol, you know teens. Rather play on our phones than run from zombies!!!

If anyone is having difficulties let us know. You can always modify your activities so you dont fail.