Kombucha Help

Options
Hello

my SCOBY is getting super big. I am attempting to attach photos. I cannot even get it out of my brew glass. Is it ok to continue to keep it in my brew glass? I have the mother and baby SCOBY together. They are too large. I am not sure what to do. LOL

My last batch is barely drinkable it tastes like straight vinegar

What about the tea that is stuck below the scoby? I am not sure how to get it out

Replies

• CharissaGudknecht
    CharissaGudknecht Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer for you. I am still trying to get my scoby going. :) I have seen people use the babies to start new batches or give them away to friends.
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    After each batch (after having this same thing happen to me) I made sure to separate the babies every time and keep them in their own "hotel" if you will or make different flavored batches all at the same time or even share if possible. I've also just pulled apart chunks of the SCOBY but I do think I ended up making it work more slowly in the first few brews because of it. Gotta catch it earlier is what I figured out. The tea below it I tossed once I broke up the big ole mama jamma because it was vinegar too but it's your call if you think you can use it for anything else! :smiley: