Question.

Options
twinjamom6
twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Hey everybody!
I downloaded the C25K app, as I am interested in doing a 5k sometime in the near future. :p Anyways, I was wondering, I don't own a treadmill and the road I live on isn't exactly safe for running or walking on because people drive down it at crazy 80+mph speeds. So I have a fairly large yard and my house is a converted school building, our basement is still the "cafeteria/gym". Would that work? I'm thinking I could use our yard while the weather is still nicer and then move to the cafeteria/gym/basement when it gets cold and weather is inclimate? My husband thinks it's crazy and doesn't understand why I want to "kill myself" doing a 5k but it is something I have wanted to do for a while and I told him a good supportive husband will be at the finish line cheering me on. ;)
I can't see why it wouldn't work? But I also don't know either.

Replies

• Jamerz888
    Jamerz888 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello @nwoodrum2011 I think as long as you're moving you're fine!! I run back and forth sometimes in an open driveway when I don't feel like walking to the track!!
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Jamerz888 wrote: »
    Hello @nwoodrum2011 I think as long as you're moving you're fine!! I run back and forth sometimes in an open driveway when I don't feel like walking to the track!!

Thank you for your response! I think I am going to start this week!
  • Jamerz888
    Jamerz888 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Of course!!! Good luck!!
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    Options
    There's only one way to find out. Give it a go and good luck. I signed up to do a 5k walk n hubby thought I was crazy..... It was only a walk lol but he was the main one telling everyone that I was doing a 10k run and how proud of me he was. I was too embarrassed to correct him. I'm doing a 5k run in December and I haven't told him yet lol