September 100 mile walking challenge

Options
vicky1947mfp
vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
Anyone up for a 100 mile walking challenge in September?

We will post our miles weekly and try to get in 100 miles for the month.

Let me know if you are in.

Vicky

Replies

• edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I am in Vicky.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options

Great. We will start on September 1. You can post daily or weekly. Whichever you prefer.
  • edellaratta
    Options

Great. We will start on September 1. You can post daily or weekly. Whichever you prefer.

:)
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You know what? I'm in. I can't fail if I don't try. And I can't try if I am afraid of failing. And who cares if I fall flat on my face. You guys are all here to pick me up while laughing. B)

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    This is a great idea. Thanks Vicky.

Esther
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    This is a great idea. Thanks Vicky.

Esther

You are welcome. If we don't set goals we will not achieve anything. At least if we fall short we will still achieve something.

Whatever we do, we will not be sedentary. We really only have to be competitive with ourselves and keep raising the bar.

We can do this everyone.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif I put my pedometer in my pocket every morning before I take the dogs for their first walk and have it in the pocket of whatever I wear all day and put it on the counter in the bathroom before I go to bed. Carrying a pedometer challenges me to get up and walk so I can see the numbers go up.

I'll set a higher goal for myself because I've been doing this for a long time.

:) This is a great idea

<3 Barbie
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif I put my pedometer in my pocket every morning before I take the dogs for their first walk and have it in the pocket of whatever I wear all day and put it on the counter in the bathroom before I go to bed. Carrying a pedometer challenges me to get up and walk so I can see the numbers go up.

I'll set a higher goal for myself because I've been doing this for a long time.

:) This is a great idea

<3 Barbie

So glad you will be joining us Barbie. Will enjoy seeing all of our numbers.
  • edellaratta
    Options
    I don't have a pedometer yet so i will be starting by just logging my exercise miles each day. I going to look into a fitbot or the like.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Now I've just got to play around on my FitBit Dashboard and figure out where they log the miles. . .
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Glad to have you Angelfire. We start tomorrow.

Edellaratta, we just log in miles. So if you know your distance, that is good.
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am in, but I will only be logging my exercise miles because I don't have a pedometer. I should probably look into one. Is it worth getting a fitbit or is a generic pedometer good enough?
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm in...I have a Fitbit so mine will be my daily plus exercise miles.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    @yesIcan155 -> I've got a fitbit, and I love it. I've got the flex, but the zips are cheap. I like the fitbit because you can figure out your stride length and put it into your settings, which makes the miles more accurate. But I'm thinking that any pedometer that you can input your stride length into and tracks miles will do just fine. <3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am doing a walking challenge on another site but I will join this one too!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Shirley.....too bad it doesn't count as double the burn? Right? B) lol
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this should be very doable. Thats just alittle over 3miles aday. I have a Samsung fitgear. Janice
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Vicky, are we posting our weekly miles on Mondays or Tuesdays? Or whenever we pop in? Just curious. Super-excited.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Vicky, are we posting our weekly miles on Mondays or Tuesdays? Or whenever we pop in? Just curious. Super-excited.

We will go from Tuesday thru next Monday for the first week. September 1 thru September 7.

Glad to have you all joining in. Like Janice said that is only a little over 3 miles per day. We can do this.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    yesIcan155 wrote: »
    I am in, but I will only be logging my exercise miles because I don't have a pedometer. I should probably look into one. Is it worth getting a fitbit or is a generic pedometer good enough?

Love my Fitbit One. Tried the Zip and since it has a watch battery and is not chargeable, it only lasted 3 weeks. So I got the One which is chargeable.

Love it. It is very addictive. With the app on my phone it keeps me posted of where I stand a few times a day. And encourages me to get my steps in. You can set your own goals. I have mine at 10,000 steps per day.