Roll Call?

Options
saraphim41
saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
I'm new here, and I'm noticing that there are very few posts. When I looked at the list of members, it was over 300 just for "joined 2012." How can that many members post so little?

Have most moved on to other boards? other WOEs? Or does this group just not have much to say?

Not criticizing, just very curious. There must be more to talk about here than calories and macros--as important as they are.

For instance, what were your REAL goals when you started? not just a number, what did you hope to do that you couldn't do at your starting weight? Have you achieved those? Are you __% successful?

Replies

• saraphim41
    Options
    For myself, I'm having trouble with exercising. I know that I have to do it, but there's a disconnect between "have to" and "do it." Oh well, just a personal problem--so suck it up!

What's your problem?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I was getting fatter and probably more diabetic, so took off 56 lbs / 4 stone. I'm currently 14 lbs up on where I got to and am re-addressing the issue.
  • saraphim41
    Options
    Glad you're back! Maybe we can help each other stick with it this time. :)
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Trying to incorporate a low carb plan into an IF lifestyle
  • saraphim41
    Options
    Welcome. Forgive my ignorance, but what is IF?
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yo I am here
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I am back to Atkins to finish this! Also being a T2 Diabetic low carb needs to become a lifestyle for me! Cooked up some buffalo chicken and wings, what's in your kitchen for dinner? Diane
  • sexy_millz
    sexy_millz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am back on this WOE. Today was day one. Looking for friends to support one another
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to count calories first and carbs second. I try to stay under 60. I'm not strictly Atkins, but I definitely believe in the benefits of low-carb.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks,

My husband and I are in week 1 of Atkins 20, recommended by his doctor because of T2 Diabetes. I have been haunting the LCHF group where there is lots of activity.

I was egged out this week so tried the Fluffy Flax Waffles. Hummmm..... not good. Anyone else having trouble with breakfast ideas?
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    good to meet you all
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm back at it! I realized that for my recurring candida overgrowth low carb it the only way for me. Today is the first day back. Not looking forward to the "flu" but I know it's temporary.

@dasher602014 - I too am sick of eggs. Have you tried the cream cheese pancakes? YUM! Protein shake, just add coconut oil. Or how about bulletproof coffee?
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the tip soozie429, I haven't tried the cream cheese pancakes yet. I am struggling a little on this low carb diet because 1) my BP is really, really sensitive to salt and so much of the Atkins diet is salty, and 2) I am lactose intolerant so I have to find enough of my lactose free cheese to make the recipes, while watching the salt intake. Sigh.

However, I am now in week 3 and have figured more out. I have bought some ground beef (make meatballs) and some salmon and I add those to any meal that is a little light on the satiety quota. I find eggs 3 mornings a week to be fine and the other mornings I have been having less "breakfast" type foods than usual. Protein shake I will look into, thanks, and I have been making bulletproof tea!

I have been watching the LCHF board and getting ideas there. I still find it difficult to silence the voice that say "High fat, are you nuts?????"

But it is going better.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your BP is sensitive to salt and not sugar? Studies are showing the BP can be caused by sugar, not salt. Salt is important on Atkins since you are cutting out so many other foods, you actually are not getting the same amount of salt with a typical American diet.

Add fat for satiety! Butter! Can you eat that? Coconut or olive oil on your veggies.

Remember fat does NOT make you fat! Sugar does!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Thanks Soozie,

My BP is back to normal now that I have salt under 1000 mg a day. If I go over that, my BP rises. I am feeling much better now that it is down to normal. I have read a little about salt on this diet and how important it is. I don't eat a typical American diet as a rule, since we live rural and rarely eat anything that is not made by us.And I love my veggies! I got into trouble with bacon and other processed meats. I am back to bacon, cheese and other salty things only rarely now, and feeling much better.

I love fat though! Butter I can eat and enjoy on many things. Coconut oil, yum. So, yes, I am silencing that voice and eating up my fat, reducing my carbs to 20-30g daily (although I have been calc net carbs - so total carbs are higher). This WOE is working well for both of us. So, with tweeks, we are continuing

This long weekend will be a challenge with guest coming but we have worked out a menu with added sides for them that we will not be eating. So we have a plan.

And yes, fat doesn't make me fat. My new mantra.
  • Vaporhero7
    Vaporhero7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    92lbs lost so far. I've been able to interact with my daughter in a way that I couldn't before. We play more. I can sit indian style without dying lol, and I have gained some confidence. I still have some weight to lose to reach my goal. Looking forward.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss, vaporhero7! What an achievement! And yes, playing with children is so important. I am enjoying Atkins. But this long weekend with guests was difficult. After preparing all the meals and sides, they brought in chips, scoops, candies, you get the idea. It was difficult and we failed. However, back on plan today. and hopeful the pound up that I am will drop off shortly. I also realized how bad I feel when I eat junk.
  • mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here. Started again on Akins a month ago. Have done pretty well although it was much easier while my daughter was vacationing. Now that she's back there are more food temptations in the house.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Hi mycatbutters,

Yes, as I said, I failed with temptation. Just don't get hungry is my mantra.