Anti-inflammatory Recipes

Options
txjewel
txjewel Posts: 5 Member
One thing that we're focusing in on in the lymphedema community (on fb) is the anti-inflammatory herbs/foods/spices benefits. Do you all have any suggestions for great recipes through any of these type of anti-inflammatory foods/herbs/spices?

Replies

• Healthy4Happylife
    Options
    I hear cinnamon is really good for that :blush:
  • Eliza618
    Eliza618 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Turmeric is the number 1 herb for inflammation. I could not find it at the grocery store so went to a health food store and found it in a powder form. It can be put in many recipes as a spice and making a tea with turmeric honey and lemon or with ginger and/or cinnamon. Ginger and cinnamon are good anti-inflammatory spices also. Go to amazon and purchase organic tea with turmeric or other teas with turmeric and ginger. Drink it every day instead of taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
  • eadhadh
    eadhadh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you add a bit of black pepper to the turmeric, it brings out its properties
  • kattgurrl
    kattgurrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes
  • Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Pineapple, ginger, blueberries, turmeric and fresh wild salmon (Alaska) are all anti-inflammatory. You can get turmeric and bromelain (from pineapple) in capsule form as a supplement. Fresh fruit would be awesome in smoothies. Here is one recipe:
    http://preventdisease.com/news/14/030614_Anti-Inflammatory-Pineapple-Ginger-Smoothie.shtml
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the 1 minute flax muffin with cinnamon.