Discussions- Week of 8/31

Options
Eles697
Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
Talk about stuff! Sorry I'm late today. The baby slept in and then I decided to go to the beach for the day/night so spent the last hour frantically packing so we could get on the road!

Replies

• WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ugh, is there a sleep regression for seven month olds? My daughter kept waking and she's been so good lately so I hope this is just a temporary thing!

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't think my baby can regress from being a terrible sleeper anyway! She's 16 months today and last night woke once and I gave her water, another time and she had milk, then another time for a nappy change.

We've been to soft play today, so I had to keep chasing my baby everywhere!
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Is
    Ugh, is there a sleep regression for seven month olds? My daughter kept waking and she's been so good lately so I hope this is just a temporary thing!

I'd your baby learning a new skill?? My son had a terrible sleep regression recently bc he was learning to walk. Once he mastered the skill he went back to normal.... For now lol
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can't keep up with the daily chats. I think weekly might be better until we get higher volume of posts. Lol.

Daughter is waking every hour because she's cutting 3 teeth. My life rocks because I work when she's asleep, so basically... I'm exhausted.
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    lynette4 wrote: »
    Is

I'd your baby learning a new skill?? My son had a terrible sleep regression recently bc he was learning to walk. Once he mastered the skill he went back to normal.... For now lol

She has a bit of a cold (guilty...she caught it from me!), so maybe that has to do with it?
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm exhausted every day. My fiancé and I are currently fighting (again) so he hasn't been home much and our baby has been waking hourly at night. And not napping. I live on Diet Pepsi. I need a break. I want to check into a hotel alone and just sleep for 12 hours with no interruptions.
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    amarie210 wrote: »
    I'm exhausted every day. My fiancé and I are currently fighting (again) so he hasn't been home much and our baby has been waking hourly at night. And not napping. I live on Diet Pepsi. I need a break. I want to check into a hotel alone and just sleep for 12 hours with no interruptions.

Do you have any family or friends that are able to watch your little one?? Sounds like you need a day to recharge and regroup!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Today, I ingested ridiculous amounts of Coca Cola. I couldn't help it, I was in training all day & needed to stay up. I don't drink coffee or tea, so it had to be Coke. I will be logging in this treacherous Coke I drank… sigh. I need a support group for soda drinkers… lol!
  • amarie210
    Options
    lynette4 wrote: »
    amarie210 wrote: »

Do you have any family or friends that are able to watch your little one?? Sounds like you need a day to recharge and regroup!

I wish! My family is about 2 hours away and his family is worthless. It will get better..someday she'll sleep and I'll miss all the cuddle time. I just keep repeating that over and over again.
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was there with you on no family. I think all moms fantasize about checking themselves into a hotel for at least 8 hours at some point if not weekly :-). Your right it will get better. Also remember everything is harder without sleep so don't push yourself too hard. Sometimes a nap is way more important than exercise. :-)
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    My family are 5+ hours away, and my husband's family are local, but never help, so I know what it's like. All three of my kids have been terrible sleepers. My 16 month is still up about 3 times a night. It's exhausting.

Is there some kind of crèche you could use? I'm not sure how old your baby is. My baby, and my middle child go to nursery (although my middle one starts school, in a couple of weeks), and I've put them in nursery on my day off before so I can have a break.
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today, I ingested ridiculous amounts of Coca Cola. I couldn't help it, I was in training all day & needed to stay up. I don't drink coffee or tea, so it had to be Coke. I will be logging in this treacherous Coke I drank… sigh. I need a support group for soda drinkers… lol!

That was me on Sunday! I had too much work to do!
  • Eles697
    Options
    PandaBWA wrote: »
    I can't keep up with the daily chats. I think weekly might be better until we get higher volume of posts. Lol.

Daughter is waking every hour because she's cutting 3 teeth. My life rocks because I work when she's asleep, so basically... I'm exhausted.

I like weekly instead! So I switched it! Good luck today everyone. I'm still at the beach so MIA. today we are going to a different zoo (than the one we went to earlier this week). It's not as hilly, but it's better than sitting in the couch and watching my babies play.
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Does anyone have a favorite bra? I'm still wearing my nursing bra (the one without the underwire) even though I've stopped nursing for a while. I just cannot find something comfortable. By the end of the day something is hurting.
  • wifeyolivarez
    wifeyolivarez Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My mom is on her way with "lunch"... Im terrified of what this might be! Im starving so i know im gonna eat it.
  • amarie210
    Options
    caiti12 wrote: »
    Good morning! Does anyone have a favorite bra? I'm still wearing my nursing bra (the one without the underwire) even though I've stopped nursing for a while. I just cannot find something comfortable. By the end of the day something is hurting.

I've had good luck with Playtex 18 hour bras. I also like Victoria's Secret but they are so pricy. Depending on your size Lane Bryant has good ones. Make sure you get sized-I wore the wrong size for years! It made a big difference once I got the correct size.
  • amarie210
    Options
    My mom is on her way with "lunch"... Im terrified of what this might be! Im starving so i know im gonna eat it.

Good luck!
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    caiti12 wrote: »

I've got a few. Since I've lost weight I can wear some of my old favourites. They're brands you might not know since I'm English. One is from a store called Marks & Spencer, the brand is Per Una, and a couple of my favourites are Elle McPherson bras, and one is Ted Baker.
  • Eles697
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I haven't really found any great bras, but if you want clothes that flatter your large busy, Pepperberry (a British website) had great options- you buy shirts and dresses based on your bust size!
  • amarie210
    Options
    I worked out today! I dug out an old workout DVD and huffed and puffed my way through it. New goal is walking daily (weather permitting) and completing a workout DVD 3 times/week.