The Comic Con Bucket List

Options
xkitxkatxkaix
xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Alright now I need a proper list happening here! Instead of listing off amazing stuff from Comic Con (that list would take forever) but lets create a bucket list!! We need a giant list so everyone contribute stuff that they've either done/want to do/need to do at Comic Con or any Con for that matter.

Mine: To kiss an Orc! (no seriously, this really happened)

Alright, your turns! GO! :pB)>:):D<3

**OPs Note: Remember, this is a bucket list of things we all need to do at a Con whether it's meeting someone or doing something.**

Replies

• parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Comic Con goals include:

To see Stephen Amell in person
    To get to a weight that I can confidently cosplay at

Another one as a bonus - lifelong goal - to marry Stephen R McQueen (lmao)
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    parfia wrote: »
    Comic Con goals include:

^^^ LOL You are awesome!
  • parfia
    Options
    Comic Con goals include:

^^^ LOL You are awesome!

Thank you - perhaps I can use this trait to convince him to marry me (and my husband not to mind) !
  • parfia
    Options
    Attending Comic Con San Diego is also on my bucket list :)
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Comic Con goals include:

Thats my goal too, I want to get to a weight where i can comfortably cosplay. I would love to do it but it would just look so bad and i would want any cosplay i did to look awesome.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    On my con bucket list is Otakon. My hubby and I hit Anime Boston every year since we are right here. We also want to hit pax east at some point. And comic con new york...ah so many!
  • BeastModeChuck
    BeastModeChuck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1: Meet the cast of Firefly - or as many of them as I can.
    2: Participate in Cosplay convincingly with a physique that looks the part as much as the costume.
    3: Go to one of the big comic conventions, like Wizard Con or SDCC. Nothing against the Motor City Comic Con, but it's not exactly the mecca of all things geek-pop culture.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    On my con bucket list is Otakon. My hubby and I hit Anime Boston every year since we are right here. We also want to hit pax east at some point. And comic con new york...ah so many!

I totally relate! Pax sounds ridiculously fun. I've heard IndyPop con was a fun one to hit up too! :)
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    2: Participate in Cosplay convincingly with a physique that looks the part as much as the costume.
    3: Go to one of the big comic conventions, like Wizard Con or SDCC. Nothing against the Motor City Comic Con, but it's not exactly the mecca of all things geek-pop culture.

Again, totally relate. I live in college town WI a.k.a the drunkest city in the world. The first Madison Con was awesome but nothing like Chicagos. Although I will admit that I was very surprised at the volume of nerdage happening there.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    Meeting Nathan Fillion would be great. He never comes to Texas it seems like.

He's delightful. I met him and Alan Tudyk at Dragon*Con in Atlanta a few years back as they were headed back to their hotel room. They were quite thoroughly drunk and in no shape to talk to fans, so a group of Browncoats (I was dressed as Jayne that year) huddled around them to help them get to their rooms unseen and unmolested. They were extremely gracious about the whole affair. Though not nearly as gracious as George Takei was when I ran into him - and I mean that literally. I wasn't watching where I was going and ran into someone. I looked up to see George friggin' Takei apologizing to me.
    "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Are you alright?"
    [stunned fanboy silence] "Holy s***, you're George Takei."
    "Oh, my."
    "I'm sorry I ran into you, it was entirely my fault; I wasn't watching where I was going."
    "I must be going, I have a panel to get to."
    "Oh, right, right. Sorry again."
    I love D*C. I'm picking up my badge tonight for this year's con.

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »

I've gotten to meet Summer Glau and Jewel Staite so far- Summer was like the nicest tiniest female ever. Jewel acted like she didn't want to be there at all it was disappointing.

Must have been an off day. Jewel was super nice and engaging when I met her.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    See I feel really bad for the celebs that appear at Cons sometimes. Like can you even imagine how many people try to get their creep on when they see them? And they still have to sit there all day and deal with it. If they leave too soon to get away from it then they're the jerks for not seeing theirs fans. It really has to suck sometimes.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Preach. Bare bones of it, they're still normal people just like us.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Attending Comic Con San Diego is also on my bucket list :)

THIS! SDCC, Dragon*Con, and Colossalcon are all on my con bucket list!

The rest of my "con bucket list" mostly consists of my very long cosplay dream list :) And on that note...

Don't let your weight stop you from cosplaying! Do it now!! It's so amazing and fun! Yes, I'll admit, some people will be *kitten*, but most of the cosplay community is very embracing and encouraging of all sizes, shapes, genders, races, etc. - all of us dressing up as the characters we love! I can't encourage you enough ! It's a great way to learn to love your body - and yes, a great motivation to lose some weight ;)

If anyone wants to follow me, my page is https://www.facebook.com/PixieGoddessCosplay </shameless self-promotion> or I can happily recommend some of the other plus-size cosplayers that I follow. You can be beautiful and geeky and have fun at ANY weight!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    And speaking of cosplay, I carved 2 foam balls into a Chocobo beak last night:
    bocgiv1z528h.jpg
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    1. I would also love to meet Nathian Fillian.
    2. Meet Tim Curry(Love him)-I met Barry Bostwick(Brad from Rocky Horror Picture Show) and Patricia Quinn(Magenta from RHPS)
    3. Meet Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus(I met Josh McDermitt-Eugine on The Walking Dead)
    4. Meet David Tennant, Matt Smith and Billie Piper
    I think that is it for now. I'm going to New England Super Megafest in Nov. and Chyna(former pro-wrestler), both of the Duke boys and Daisy, Richard Dean Anderson(McGyver), Judith Hoag(April O' Neil in the first TMNT movie), Lee Meriwether(Cat Woman) are all going to be there.