Stuck on my weight no matter what

Options
I can't lose weight no matter what I've been training 3times a week eat healthy food and still have the same weight

Replies

• samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    There are so many variables in weight loss that it's hard to comment without knowing any basic information. It depends on how much you have to lose. If you are lean and wanting to lose, it will be very slow. You need to be patient, ensure you weigh your food to avoid underestimating calorie intake. You need to create a calorie deficit by exercising. Too less calories can also be counterproductive. Drink lots of water and keep at it. It will come off! Good luck!
  • amyjeanw84
    amyjeanw84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with this right now and have dealt with it before as well. I find that I always think that I have slashed a bunch of calories when I start eating healthy but in reality I'm always eating too much. I have to eat about 1200 calories a day for my body to lose any weight. I also need my body to get used to the new exercise and get my metabolism up and going again. You may be putting on muscle weight from your workouts. Are you being very careful about your portions and any additives to your food, like butter, mayonnaise? Are you drinking enough water?
  • mageestar17
    mageestar17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been back in the gym for almost two months and have been tracking my meals and exercise nearly every day (forget about once a week). I've lost 2.5 lbs. I think my problem is that I was eating back 75-100% of my calories burned from working out. I've just re-set my goals, which allows me more calories. While I aim to go to the gym at least three times a week, I'm also ramping up my daily activity. I hope to be up and active.

I was consuming 1200 calories, but I think that it was too low and caused my metabolism to slow. I don't think that measuring my meals is realistic because my co-workers would think I'm crazy (company pays for lunch). Perhaps I'm underestimating the quantities? I've done searches online to determine what X ounces of X food looks like to help.
  • bubbex2
    bubbex2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been soooooooooooo careful for three weeks. Below my calories always, exercising, but I've only lost 4 lbs. I am so discouraged.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I have essentially been the same weight for the last 2 years. It isn't from a lack of trying. Tweak your plan. Sometimes if you get too much into a routine your body gets to used to it and you won't lose. Do you take measurements other than weight? Maybe you are losing inches by replacing fat with muscle. Also, depending on what your goal is, maybe your goal is not realistic for your lifestyle and age. I have seen many people killing themselves to get to some number they set for themselves without a real reason for setting that goal other than, that was what I weighed when I was (insert age here).

Keep on trying and you will get to where you want to be!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    bubbex2 wrote: »
    I have been soooooooooooo careful for three weeks. Below my calories always, exercising, but I've only lost 4 lbs. I am so discouraged.

This is actually very good @bubbex2 !

Hang in there. When you are already small (relatively speaking all of us who are members of this group are small) 1 lb a week is right on target!
  • sapirdov
    sapirdov Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Our body is super smart!
    It usually happens when we get used to a certain routine. We eat the same way ( most of the days) and our body gets the same amount of calories . The same sport style.
    My need to change something. Eat differently. In the hours/kind of food/meals. Maybe try different sport.