WOD Inspirations

Options
Mummyadams
Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
I've been asked to start running our Crossfit Lite classes on a Sunday - which is basically Crossfit without the weight. Any suggestions on good web sites to get programming inspiration?
It will be mostly circuit / EMOM and Tabata style.

Replies

• notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know Paleomg posts her Workout Recaps which include some Fit classes which are more tabata/HIIT style
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My Box has an Unloaded class that is probably similar. It is only 45 minutes. The workouts are posted here. http://crossfitpostfalls.com/
  • kellystuart11
    kellystuart11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would look up some travel WODs. I use them when I'm in a hotel gym which uses at the most free weights. Just put together like 3 or 4 of them and it should work. I did one that was like 7 burpees & 7 squats 7x. Not too bad, but enough to get the heart rate up. Or you can modify the heroes/girls and replace things that require weight with other things, but just use them to get an idea. Like Murph/Cindy but replace pull ups with something like tricep dips.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Thank you - all good suggestions.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    There's an app called Spartan Bodyweight System that has a lot of movements listed as well as workouts. It's not strictly CrossFit per se, but a lot of the movements and workout could be used in a CF workout.

My first "box" was mostly bodyweight stuff and it was great.