SIPS / SADI / LOOP procedure

Options
I was just curious if we have anyone in this group that has had the SIPS / SADI / LOOP procedure?

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've not heard of this. Can you tell us a bit about it?
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have not, but all the single anastomosis surgeries have a pretty poor track record. Most insurance companies won't cover them for that reason.

Surgeons like them because they are faster and easier than the traditional surgeries, and very profitable. Selfay patients like them because they cost a little less, and somehow seem less invasive. I would never be a guinea pig.
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Here is a link explaining the procedure...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cc67Ogoi8I
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    With all respect Grim... I hope you are wrong, as this is the procedure I had done in July. So far, 45lbs in 8weeks. But it is good that we are at least learning about this. :wink:
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    With all respect Grim... I hope you are wrong, as this is the procedure I had done in July. So far, 45lbs in 8weeks. But it is good that we are at least learning about this. :wink:

Good information, it a new way of doing the duodenal switch but it sounds interesting. You are doing wonderful with your weight loss. Congratulations!