Natural remedy for hot flashes?

Options
aEllisona
aEllisona Posts: 4 Member
Hot flashes are getting bad. Any natural remedies to make them not as frequent?

Replies

• lilsandling
    lilsandling Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use vitex fruit/chaste tree helps some but have to take 3 a day for 2 weeks then one a day
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I get FemMatrix from my naturopath and find they have really helped over the years with hot flashes (it had black cohosh), joint pain, trouble sleeping, skin break outs and head aches.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My Naturopath recommended Estrovera it has Siberian rhubarb which has natural cooling properties it also helps with other menopausal symptoms.
  • cowboys_angel_907
    Options
    I had some luck with red clover tea when hot flashes were a problem last summer...

I also learned from the ladies at my church, they are not "hot flashes" they are "power surges" lol o:)
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've tried homeopathic remedies plus Black Cohosh and Red Clover. There are different types of homeopathic options depending on your type of hot flash symptoms. Mine were better when I took Lachesis Mutus.
  • poleydog
    poleydog Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have have removed all soy products from my diet and all hot flushes have disappeared. I was reading about this online and decided to give it a try and it's worked for me. Is difficult to do as soy is hidden in absolutely everything that is processed
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    poleydog wrote: »
    Have have removed all soy products from my diet and all hot flushes have disappeared. I was reading about this online and decided to give it a try and it's worked for me. Is difficult to do as soy is hidden in absolutely everything that is processed

fascinating! I noticed no changed in hot flashes when I ADDED more soy. I felt better all the way around, but didn't notice a change in hot flashes.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eating lower carb has eliminated mine.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Eating lower carb has eliminated mine.

I'm now in a position to say that lowering my carbs (especially grains), and upping my progesterone and greens, including edamame has helped mine tremendously. I never had too many day time, but always had them at night. I'm now (knock on wood) sleeping through the night.
  • citylife624
    citylife624 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Black cohosh worked for me.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have had great success with Nature's Sunshine Natural Changes packs - they recommend 2x a day, but I found them to be quite effective with only 1 pack a day. I took them for 90 day, and then stopped...that was about 6 months ago and so far the flashes haven't returned.