Getting that Fit Body

Options
Hey!
So, I just started my weight loss/getting fit routine on August 16! I weigh 138 and want to get down to 130, that's my first goal. But I would eventually like to hit 120. I have tried before but it's been a tough road. I would eat so much and eat after dinner. Any advice for my journey?

Replies

• blong74
    blong74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally use weekly meal planning and portion control containers.
  • StarGirlXO
    StarGirlXO Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know a great workout when I see it, and I suggest vigorous step-ups. Do it for only 11 minutes and burn 142 calories! Normal workouts might even take an hour to burn cals like that. Also, check out my blog to see the new assorted daily workout I created. -star
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of intermittent fasting? That helps control my late night snacking by allowing myself to only eat in an 8 hour window.

Diet is key. It always is. It's also the hardest part. I started out a cardio bunny and lost a bunch of weight but didn't get the body I wanted. Then I started lifting and now pay more attention to my body composition and size than I do the number on the scale.
  • AnointedZ
    AnointedZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I personally use a weekly meal planning guide and portion control containers as well as taking a shake every morning that gives me the nutrition I need to begin my day helps me with energy and has helped with the junk food cravings.
  • amyjeanw84
    amyjeanw84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    To the people that use the portion control containers, any tips on what kind or where to buy? I have been thinking about trying this method. I have a hard time with portions. I am currently 149lbs and want to be 130. I am a runner but the scale and my body are just staying put.
  • rainah84
    rainah84 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MrsSchimmy wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of intermittent fasting? That helps control my late night snacking by allowing myself to only eat in an 8 hour window.

Diet is key. It always is. It's also the hardest part. I started out a cardio bunny and lost a bunch of weight but didn't get the body I wanted. Then I started lifting and now pay more attention to my body composition and size than I do the number on the scale.

I need to focus on this intermittent fasting. Anything actually, I would really like my body fat reduced.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    So, I just started my weight loss/getting fit routine on August 16! I weigh 138 and want to get down to 130, that's my first goal. But I would eventually like to hit 120. I have tried before but it's been a tough road. I would eat so much and eat after dinner. Any advice for my journey?

I typically eat in a 12-hour range (so I guess I was on intermittent fasting without knowing it?!). I'll finish my dinner at least no later than 12 hours since the beginning of my breakfast (so if I start my breakfast at 6:30 AM, I'll finish my dinner at least before 6:30 PM). When I still went to gyms, I'd usually finish my dinner before 6 PM (or even 5:30) since most of my gym classes were at 7 PM (intense cardio & I definitely didn't want to throw up in class). So I guess you can play with your schedule that can somewhat prevent you from eating too heavy during regular mealtime. (And I found this also helps improving bowel movement in the morning)

Another simple way to control the craving: floss and brush your teeth 10-15 min after every meal. It at least helps holding back the craving and will keep your teeth & gum healthy! :wink:
  • lanclass2014
    lanclass2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on exactly the same journey as you! I weigh in at 136lbs and want to be 127-130lbs. I am using the food diary here to track and focusing on keeping sugar low and protein high. Trying to have totally clean diet and staying around 1200 cals. I started last week weighing in at 140lbs but the scales aren't moving at the mo. I am upping my strength training and have taken my waist etc measurement as I want to be really toned not just look slim...that is my goal...Good luck (p.s brushing your teeth when you want to reach for junk really does help!)