working out is easier than the diet kmanr

Options
melissafiesty
melissafiesty Posts: 9 Member
Kmanr...hi. Posted twice today as I read your discussion on weight loss. I love rereading that post. Every time I reread it I gain something that I missed. You put so much information in there its awesome. I do love/enjoy working out!!! It feels good. Thank you. I just love food still too much. I'll get there.

Replies

• ljpark
    ljpark Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Working out is my counter-balance on many fronts - including food!!! And I miss it if I do not get my workout fix :)
  • Kmanr
    Kmanr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks. Yep, I know quite a few people That workout hard to enjoy eating a lot more. You're certainly one of them based on your workout posts. I've even used swimming and ice packs to increase my ability to eat more in past (thermal load). When I ate all the good (bad) stuff. Now that my diet is pretty healthy, and I eat often, I just don't have the cravings anymore. With thyca I've trained myself to look at food primarily as drugs. There's good ones and bad ones. Unfortunately, the bad ones are addictive and taste great too... So I have to avoid them to keep myself on track. I've got an addictive personality as can likely be surmised by my posts in general... I still can't imagine you don't like your weight... With those workouts and your ironman pic, just doesn't add up.
  • ljpark
    Options
    I have issues when I am fatigued. I have cravings when my bloods are really off kilter, such as too high FT4. Becasue I am so hypo (low FT3) at present, I am stacking on weight just looking at food. So far, in the last year I have added 3kg and gone up a size, not seen since ~6 years ago. It is hard work carrying the weight around on a run!
  • TeganValladares
    Options
    Hello all!! I am looking to lose around 70lbs I put alot of weight on after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer back in April and then having my thyroid removed. This is my first week on my new lifestyle change.. I went and seen a nutritionist and she said that carb counting was key. I feel like she has me consuming alot of carbs though I can have up to 45 per meal and 20 or less per snack. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • Kmanr
    Kmanr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Tegan, I'd agree that counting cals "works". I'd get your A1C checked and consider getting on metformn if it's borderline / high with your Endo since thyca prognosis is much better with metformn if you're in that category. Metformin also tends to ease ability to lose weight while counting cals based on my own experience. Of course, ensure your thyroid related hormones are being controlled well too. If your patient and count cals on this app well and measure your weight throughout, after 2-3 weeks you should be able to figure out about how many cals keep you at your current weight by taking your average daily cals and average weight gain or loss and factoring in that 3500 cals equal 1lb of weight. Just be careful to look at your weight trend and not react to ups and downs. Best of luck.
  • ljpark
    Options
    Hi Tegan!
    Well done you for starting on the journey :) . Kmanr has offered some great advice. The other thing to consider is that dieting may impact your absorption of thyroid meds...so keeping a diary of how you are feeling is also a great idea so that you can work with your docs to make sure all tracks along as you need it to.
    LJP