Sassy in September

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
Just a few more days of August left. Let's keep the monthly goals going. I know Jill is doing a Sugar-free September. Anyone else have particular diet/food goals? While it's good to still have our exercise goals, let's focus this month on healthy eating.

Replies

• brisingr86
    Options
    For me, I'm going to set the following goals for diet:
    - only 12 oz soda/week (doesn't matter if it's diet or regular)
    - Smoothie (greens, fruit, protein powder, water) at least 2x/week
    - At least 64 oz water Saturday and Sunday (I'm usually pretty good on work days, so I want to focus on the weekends).
    For exercise: goal is 180 minutes/week
    For weight: Get under 152. Stretch goal: get under 150.
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For smoothies, you can try making them in advance and freezing them in mason jars. I haven't been drinking them lately, but that's what I do usually to make it really easy.

Yep, Sugar-Free September is the big food-related goal. I'm going to a wedding near the end of the month so I'm going to try to make that my only exception. I'd say I succeeded about 90% last year, so hopefully I can really stick to it this time! The last week I haven't been eating much veg, so more veg, less sugar!

For weight: My big goal is to get under 130...like 129. That would be so crazy! It might be a bit of a stretch because I'm currently bouncing around 134-136, but I'm hoping that avoiding sugars will help since it totally cuts out a lot of my fav high-cal treats (bye bye, muffins and KitKat chunky bars). My wedding dress is supposed to arrive in October so I'd really like to be at my desired weight/size by then, so I think September will be a big push so that I can no stress much in November and December.

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok so September is big for me, I want to be in a healthy weight range by the end so anything under 160 for me. I also have to submit my PhD this month, start a new job which I have to commute to, and my youngest son starts school, so busy busy!

Hopefully I can feel good enough to start trying on dresses in October.

Weekends have started to lapse for me, so maybe focusing on healthy over weekend this month will help. Diet sodas are my crutch! But I do feel they're not really healthy, also I've been eating too many protein bars filled with junk so could do with cutting that a bit.

Goals are to maintain some kind of exercise regime with all the changes this month, eat healthily and:
    SW 165
    GW 159
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    We can do this!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    What height are you Jill? I guess it gets pretty tough to lose as you get skinnier?
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    I'm just over 5'5. Yeah, I guess that's what they say. I find that if I stick to my cals, I lose as predicted, so I dunno. The problem of course is sticking to them :)
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Yeah, tbh I've always lost ok if I stick to my calories, was just wondering if it got harder!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Ugh. :( Hoping there's a lot of water weight, but my vacation basically undid all my progress from August. I actually thought I was doing ok; worked out, did lots of walking, didn't think I binged on the snacks too badly. Really bummed me out this morning. I'm still going to leave my weight goals and hope I can really kill it on the workouts and keep the calories low to see progress.

Thanks for the tip on smoothies, Jill. I do nutribullet so never thought to freeze, but would definitely help with a key issue of getting lots of fruit and greens and then it goes bad before I use it. Do one big prep day and freeze them. Good luck on your sugar free goals; I couldn't do it and would just end up binging eventually. You are awesome. Hope it helps achieve your goals. Dress arrival is exciting. I need to get back on setting up some appointments to continue that search.

Wow Jools! That's a lot of changes this month. Sounds like you have a good attitude to make sure exercise and healthy eating fit into your new routine. It's tough sometimes, but you will find a way to make it work for you.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Personally, I would be really good all week and then weigh in after a holiday. I find at least half of holiday weight is lost within a week or easy enough. Don't be discouraged! I'm not weighing this week until Saturday as I went off track again over the weekend....
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    I second what Jools said. I don't think you should stress about the holiday weight. I bet it will come off over the next few days. Did you fly? I find that I retain SO much water from flying. Sitting in a car for hours might have that effect too.

I actually got a call that my dress came in early! I need to find shoes and any undergarments and then I can go in :) Planning for end of September.
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    September goals: 1) log every little bite, lick, sip ect (get a food scale)
    2) loose 5 lbs

My first dress fitting is today ladies!!!! I have lost 17.8lbs since I ordered my dress 4 months ago
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    That's awesome! You'll see such a major difference in your dress with that loss! Let us know how it goes!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Great goals Sarah (and welcome back to posting). That's fantastic loss in 4 months! Way to go!
    Exciting for Jill getting the dress early. Hopefully you'll hit your goals this month and feel awesome when you go in for your fitting.
    Thanks to both Jill and Jools for the encouragement. I think September is going to be tough to get a good trend going. Tomorrow I'm hosting a birthday party for a friend, next weekend is our engagement party, the following weekend is another mini vacation, and then it's the end of September (and I'm going home to my parents at the beginning of October where I usually gain at least 5 lbs). I've lost a little over half of what I gained last weekend (I wasn't flying; it was basically a 3 hour car ride).
    Jools hope you had a good week of recovery from your off track excursion last weekend.

Good luck everyone through the holiday weekend!
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Ugh. :( Hoping there's a lot of water weight, but my vacation basically undid all my progress from August. I actually thought I was doing ok; worked out, did lots of walking, didn't think I binged on the snacks too badly. Really bummed me out this morning. I'm still going to leave my weight goals and hope I can really kill it on the workouts and keep the calories low to see progress.

Awe hun… it will be gone quickly! What goes on quick tends to come off quick as long as you get back in the swing.

I tend to eat rather healthy usually so I will stick to that. As it has been mentioned, if I stick to my calorie limits I lose as predicted, so I am going to really try and stick to them 100% during my work weeks (and actually I am usually a couple hundred below).

I have a couple of challenges coming up… I am going our of town for work in 2 weeks which will make it more challenging to eat normally because I won't be preparing my own meals. Also, my biggest temptation is back… Starbucks Pumpkin Spice lattes… we have a love/hate relationship I'm afraid.

Goals for September:
    To get down to 153
    log everything
    3 workouts/week minimum
    Get my invites all addressed and ready to mail next month at this time :)
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    AAAAArgh, ok I'm doing really bad a weekends. New goal is to stick to calorie goals on weekends too. And be in a healthy weight range by the time of our mini break to a friends wedding in early October. Must get back on track... Stick with it everyone! (I'm not going to weigh in for two weeks, on Saturday I was up a pound and I hate seeing increases, so going to be extra good to see a loss by the next tie I weigh)
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    I don't have seasonal drinks until the month of, and then I only have 1! So, no pumpkin spice latte until October, no Christmas drink till December. It really helps avoiding indulging too often since they bring those drinks out so early now!
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    AAAAArgh, ok I'm doing really bad a weekends. New goal is to stick to calorie goals on weekends too. And be in a healthy weight range by the time of our mini break to a friends wedding in early October. Must get back on track... Stick with it everyone! (I'm not going to weigh in for two weeks, on Saturday I was up a pound and I hate seeing increases, so going to be extra good to see a loss by the next tie I weigh)
    Weekends are hard! What do you find is your biggest challenge? Is it eating while out with friends? For me, my biggest challenge with weekends is actually usually the extra time being at home where I'll be tempted to snack more often.

• Fitforevermore
    Options
    eating out, eating with friends, snacking in the evening! I think my resolve is back though. I tried on dresses for this wedding i'm going to in oct and they look ok (actually zip up now!) but would def look much better with 6-8lbs off the tummy!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Jools. I feel your pain. Weekends are going to be crazy for me this month and they tend to be my downfall too! Last weekend, fiance and I were tailgating for a football game Saturday and then away in the Berkshires. This weekend was a birthday dinner party for a friend and grilling out for the holiday. Next weekend is engagement party, weekend after we're back in the Berkshires. I'm hoping I can keep it under control, but I also want to enjoy the special occasions. Hoping I can up the workouts to out least keep it balanced so I don't lose all week progress over the weekend.
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Week 1 update:
    Food: I stuck to my Sugar-Free September goals all week. I had a few days where I was super tempted, but I just remind myself that it's only one month.

Weight:136.7 :( I think I am still paying for my overeating last weekend. Even a whole week of pretty decent eating didn't undo the damage. Oh well, all I can do it continue to stick with it. I've been feeling pretty fat lately. It's funny how I lived for ages at 20 lbs higher and wasn't too bothered, but now every time I gain just a few pounds it's like I can really feel it on my body.